* Creation, research, ideation and analysis of Supply Chain operations and service improvement initiatives.
* Validation and analytical endorsement for Supply Chain initiatives that has immediate impact on Office Depot's bottom line. Conduct necessary ad-hoc data analysis and quantitative investigations.
* Responsible in making recommendations that drive the investment of over $1,000,000,000 in inventory in North American retail stores and US delivery centers. Process changes that affect transportation, network investments, inventory management, supply chain and stores and labor and expenses for the multiple divisions.
* Discuss Supply Chain business processes with Directors and their teams to capture the necessary information to model current business processes.
* Understand and manage complex information. Innovatively develop models to solve complex Supply Chain operation problems.
* Think Strategically -- understand the holistic picture.
Identify the desired end-state of the analytical activity, develop representative models, and interpret the results to build initiative business case.
Influence the SC leadership on projects and initiatives directly affecting functional cost and efficiency.
* Analyze operational processes, and develop mathematical/statistical models representation
Design and conduct analytical studies that evaluate potential modifications and enhancements to the existing SC methodologies.
* Design new reports. Capturing leadership and frontline feedback to influence report evolution to help the business drive improved performance. Own some of the reporting services to Supply Chain (Inventory Management, Warehouses, Cross Docks, and Transportation).
* Analyze and revise existing reporting system logic and assist in testing and debugging. Coding complex application components (SQL , Visual Basic, Cognos, scripting, automation, etc.) based on design specifications, while adhering to defined programming standards, structured coding techniques and development methodologies.
* Provide mentorship, teaching and training to team members to grow the skills in team.
* Bachelor's and Master's Degree preferred
* Technical Competencies - SQL, Cognos is desired, Mathematical/Statistical Modeling language is a plus, scripting language is a plus
Ability to learn quickly and to think creatively.
Proactive and dynamic, drives sense of urgency.
Strategic thinker who is able to succinctly communicate operations strategy to business stakeholders.
Regularly uses ingenuity and innovation to develop solutions that are consistent with organization objectives.
Strong communications, interpersonal and presentation skills with ability to influence piers as well as executives.
Problem Solving/ Analytics
Exceptional analytic skills, data mining and quantitative techniques.
Exceptional knowledge of Mathematical / Statistical modeling
Expert in Supply Chain Operations, methods and procedures
Expert in Mathematical / Statistical Modeling. Utilize data mining results to develop feasible solution alternative.
Sound capability of developing compelling business cases and data-driven solution recommendations
Knowledge of predictive modeling and optimization.
Advanced expertise in SQL Server, SSIS/DTS, MS Access, Project, Excel, and other MS Office products.
Advanced experience working in a Business Intelligence reporting applications. Cognos experience preferred.
Advanced skill in data retrieval, data management, data modeling
Strong knowledge of data warehouse systems.
Knowledge of visual basic or similar coding experience.
Knowledge of scripting language is a plus.
Proven experience in information technology
Ability to learn costing models and business case development.
Ability to learn product lifetime valuations and pricing models
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.