ODP’s Community Investment Manager, reporting to the CI Director, supports the director in all aspects of running the companywide community investment programs, including external partner management, constituent relations, project management, employee engagement and participation, and communication support for programs. Will work with director to develop and execute a companywide corporate citizenship strategy and branded programming. This process will include research, presentation development, budget management and creation of long-term planning. Candidate should be experienced in successfully hosting and managing large scale events and be an excellent writer and strong public speaker. Should be experienced in forming and managing outside partnerships with an array of community entities, including nonprofits, governmental entities, educational institutions, business association groups, etc. The successful candidate will be able to collaborate with all other aspects of the marketing and communication teams including PR, internal communications, social media, events team, and other marketing teams to showcase corporate citizenship programs internally and externally.
Represent Office Depot at community events and external meeting each week in the South Florida headquarters market and in priority U.S. markets as needed.
2. Manage, plan and lead our annual signature Depot Day of Service (annual campaign of volunteer projects throughout North America, ~2,000 associates and family members).
3. Manage, plan and lead our annual signature Start Proud! back-to-school philanthropy program in top 14 markets (managing over 1,500 associates, school district partnerships, and over $1.5MM in product donations).
4. Manage, plan and lead our annual signature Season of Service holiday-season volunteer campaign in filed markets (engaging over 500 participants in 50 projects)
5. Recruit, manage and lead over 300 #depotdifference Community Ambassadors (OD’s associate volunteer leaders) across the country throughout each year.
6. Serve as main point of contact for the Community Investment team’s Diversity & Inclusion/CI partnership: strategy, operations, collaboration, engagement, participation (with each of our ARG’s).
7. Ability to administrate and manage web applications that support the infrastructure of the Community Investment team, including tools like YourCause, the ODP Intranet, etc.
8. Manage and lead all #depotdifference communication and announcements in the markets, through numerous communication outlets (eblasts, source, portals, newsletters, etc.).
9. Helps manage the B2B business development support work, leading the Community Investment team’s BSD/CI partnership: communication, operations, strategy, collaboration, engagement, new hire orientation, etc.
10. Strong vendor management capability, including managing partnerships to source branded collateral, web applications, t-shirts, food, etc. in a cost-effective manner.
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education:
Area of Study:
Communications, marketing, PR, public affairs, non profit management
Years of Experience:
minimum of 5 years of experience
Type of Experience:
Community Investment-focused roles, including events, PR and communications
Proficient in Microsoft Outlook applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Skills and Ability:
Excellent internal and external customer service skills
Information Systems: (People Soft, etc.)
Outgoing and positive
Honest and reliable
Commitment to completing work
Empathy for those in need
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.