The HR Lead, People Operations & Design will be responsible for translating business vision into HR initiatives, actively integrating the business strategy with people management practices through a strategic partnership with the business. This role will help shape and drive new business strategies, through the lens of HR, supporting and guiding leaders through the creation phase of a new business venture.
This role will also be responsible for contributing to the organizations success by driving change management, employee engagement and organizational effectiveness. This includes participating in the development of strategic planning and design of HR strategies that align with the business, as well as contributing to the organization’s values and mission.
The HR Lead, People Operations & Design will drive support to the business by leveraging specialized Centers of Excellence (CoEs), with specific HR expertise like, talent management, compensation and benefits, talent acquisition, learning and development and more. This individual will connect business challenges to HR activities and outcomes as well as stakeholder management, planning, coordination and operational activities that help deliver business success.
1. Translates the strategic and tactical business objectives into HR strategic and operational plans.
2. Assist in the development and implementation of the organization’s HR initiatives/programs to support the strategic business objectives.
3. Assist in the creation and execution of organization design, staffing, on-boarding, performance management & development, associate relations and associate exits. Recommends changes and improvements to these processes.
4. Helps is the design and maintance of the organizational structure that meets the company needs and assists with the development of and updating job requirements, job classifications and job descriptions for the business.
5. Assist in the development of progressive and proactive compensation programs that drive successful attraction of talent, providing motivation, incentive and reward for effective performance. Facilitates the creation of a compensation strategy; recommending, planning, educating and implementing pay structures and incentive compensation programs.
6. Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener, problem solver and coach as it pertains to people issues.
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education:
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Area of Study:
Business, Human Resources or realated field
Years of Experience:
5-7 years of relevant experience
Proficiency with HRIS systems
Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Skills and Ability:
A good understanding of the business and business priorities: Strong business acumen, business sense, or business savvy. The keenness and quickness in understanding and dealing with a business risk or opportunity in a way that leads to a good outcome. This includes knowing the business you’re in, including sources of competitive advantage, market value, competitors and their unique selling points, market share, and development, as well as understanding the marketplace, the role of technology, and a deep understanding of all relevant stakeholders.
Excellent communication and presentation skills: To manage stakeholders effectively and to support the business through value-adding initiatives, the HR Lead, People Operations & Design needs excellent communication and presentation skills. Picking up key signals will allow for the right level of strategic support.
Excellent stakeholder management: Understanding the political landscape is a critical competency in this role. That means being aware of what others are aware of, and the interests and focus area of different business and HR leaders.
Able to operate on both a tactical and strategic level: Many of these competencies require one to operate on a tactical and strategic level. Competencies like stakeholder management, dealing with resistance, and communication skills involve more tactical level skills while understanding the business, connecting business challenges to HR activities, and having a deep understanding of the business and being able to look at problems from multiple perspectives are more strategic skills.
Effective at dealing with resistance: In line with stakeholder management and communication skills, the HR Lead, People Operations & Design should be effective in dealing with resistance. Once opportunities for HR interventions are identified, HR and the business should work closely together to implement these as good as they can.
Information Systems: (People Soft, etc.)
Self-starter who is eager to learn
Agile, with a strong bias for action
Integrity, discretion & confidentiality
Diversity of thought
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.