As you explore and apply for positions with us, you may have questions about the process. Please see these frequently asked questions for answers.
How do I search for jobs available in my area?
You may utilize the Job Search bar in the middle of the homepage jobs.officedepot.com. Simply type the city, state and click search.
Can I just email my resume and cover letter to Office Depot?
Office Depot’s method of hiring is completely electronic. For consideration, we require you to complete an online application.
I have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to work. Will I be considered for the position I applied for?
Office Depot is an equal opportunity employer and considers disabled applicants and employs disabled individuals who can perform essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation. For assistance or accommodation with the application process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m interested in multiple positions. How many positions may I apply for?
You may apply for each position you are interested in. There is no limit to how many applications you may submit.
Where do I review each position I completed an application for?
You can view your completed applications by clicking on “View My Applications” on the homepage to the right of the job search bar.
I have questions regarding my application or the status of my application.
You may contact us by emailing your questions to email@example.com.
Which web browser should I use to complete an application?
Internet Explorer is the recommended browser. Depending on the operating system you are using, our job application system will work with most versions of Netscape, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome as well.
I’m trying to apply for a position but the page isn’t loading. (See a spinning wheel) Why is the page not loading?
Check your browser – Internet Explorer 10 is the recommended browser to use when submitting an application. There is, however, a setting that must be changed to have the page load. You should use Compatibility or Quirks mode, the default configuration, when you view your application. Standards mode is not supported. If you disable the Compatibility or Quirks mode, your applications will run in Standards mode. Please follow the link below for instructions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/use- compatibility-view#ie=ie- 10
I got an error message: “Your resume could not be parsed at this time” or “update required fields.” What do I do?
You will get this error message if the title of your resume/document is too long. Shorten the title of your document and/or place it on the desktop of your computer. Then try to attach it again.
Another possible reason the error occurs is when all the required fields do not update. We require the Job Title and Degree fields.
- If a Business Job Title is missing select the “Employer” hyperlink and enter a Business Job Title
- If a degree is missing, enter a valid degree by selecting the “Please Update” hyperlink
I tried to use the “Back” button and lost all the information I entered.
Do not use the Internet Explorer’s forward and back browser buttons since they do not function within the job site; you will lose data you have entered. Please use the job site’s navigational links to move between pages.
I’m trying to register but am getting a message saying my email address already exists in the system.
Try clicking on Login Help and selecting Forget Password/Username to have an email sent to you with your log in information.
Why can’t I find my school, degree, or license in the list?
You must complete the fields in the order they appear. Here are some tips for the fill-ins.
- Use the look up options (magnifying glass) as often as possible
- Sort the columns by description, type or code when needed
- Start with broad filters, for California enter ‘C’ or university enter ’U’
- Make sure you know what state your school is accredited in. For Example, University of Phoenix is accredited in Arizona
Other common issues:
No one can update a resume or application in the system once an applicant has applied to the job opening. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request an application addendum to provide correct information or other updates.
If page is not loading make sure your cache is clear.
Instructions for clearing cache:
In Internet Explorer 9 or 10:
- Click the gear icon in the top right.
- Go to Safety > Clear Browsing History.
- Select “Delete Files.”
- Delete Temporary Internet Files.
In Internet Explorer 7 or 8:
- Go to Tools > Internet Options.
- On the General Tab under Browsing History, select “Delete Files.”
- Delete Temporary Internet Files.
- Go to Tools > Clear Recent History or Clear Private Data.
- Select only “cache.”
- For “Time Range to Clear,” choose “Everything.”
- Select “Clear Now.”
- Click on the Settings button in the top right of the browser. (It looks like a wrench or
three horizontal lines).
- Select Clear Browsing Data. (In later versions of Chrome, go to Tools > Clear
- Select only “Empty the Cache.”
- In the dropdown that reads “Obliterate the following items from” select “the
beginning of time”
- Click the “Clear Browsing Data” button.
Instructions for clearing cache in Safari:
- Go to Safari > Empty Cache.
- Select yes to “Empty.”