Office Depot is a brand you’ve counted on since 1986 for your office supplies and business services, supported by a strong retail network andworld-class technology platforms. As the business landscape continues to evolve, we are changing the way we look at our technology platforms todrive significant change in the way we do business. We’re reinventing ourselves and makingsignificant investmentsin our multi-billion-dollar digital platforms to drive growth in our range of B2B products & services. Apply today to be a part of this revolutionary change!
As aSr. Database Developer, you will be an integral team member of our innovative Product & Technology organization,contributing greatlyto thispivotal transformation in the B2B space.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Data Conversion: Perform consistent data conversion processes from a variety of data sources
including data mapping, extraction, cleansing, migration and validation.
· Database Development: Create and maintain efficient database objects, such as tables, views, queries, indexes and stored procedures.
· Application Development: Create applications for data-access that meet business
and technical requirements – content management, reporting, datafeeds, file exports, etc.
· Estimating: Accurately estimate the scope and work needed to successfully complete data conversion projects, as well as other database development tasks.
· Organization: Prioritize and multi-task efficiently in order to maximize productivity while maintaining high quality of work.
· Collaboration: Work cooperatively with both internal and external business users, by actively participating in team and project meetings. Proactively share information and promote a work environment that values others.
· Communication: Articulate technical-related information in a way that is clearly understandable to technical and non-technical team members.
· Business Knowledge: Demonstrate progress towards an in-depth understanding of the business and usage of our applications as it relates to the underlying business data.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
A minimum of 5 years of work experience of the following:
· Data Modeling and Relational Database Design,
· SQL-Server Database Development including (T-SQL, SSIS development)
· Strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits packageincludinga 401(k)andplenty of opportunitiesto move and grow within our organization!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,or any other characteristic protected byfederal, state,or locallaw.
Fair Chance Ordinance
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction recordsin alignment with theCity & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.