At Office Depot and Office Max, this position liaises between store and delivery drivers enroute.; Coordinates paperwork and enters orders into a computer system.; Follows-up on overdue accounts.; Notifies customers when orders are ready to be picked up.; Coordinates special orders.
The Services Advisor Offshore will demonstrate a passion for the brand, technology products, furniture, print, and other products/services offered to our customers. The Services Advisor Offshore will utilize Office Depot Inc.’s proven sales principles to proactively engage customers, to drive the sales of our total offerings, and properly assess customer needs to ensure satisfaction in every interaction.
The essential functions of this position may require you to consent to periodic comprehensive background checks conducted by a third-party.
· Provides exceptional customer service by educating customers about Office Depot products and services. Effectively utilizes communication tools to request assistance anywhere on the sales floor, and to coordinate the appropriate service, and customer engagement throughout the store.
· Performs duties such as cashier, logistics support, stocking, restocking, down stocking, inventory control, cleaning, and protecting company assets. Ensures the completion of damaged and defective/buy back merchandise through the RCC process.
· When not assisting customers, performs merchandise-related activities to ensure merchandise presentation guidelines are met through implementing plan-o-gram changes and updates, merchandise set, and price changes. Sets weekly ads, including price changes, and any associated updates to store signage.
· Proactively acknowledges and engages every customer to ensure a positive customer experience. Utilizes and understands the selling program to promote the sale of the best solution as well as additional product and/or services solutions. Maintains awareness of planned advertisements and promotions.
· Able to evaluate the customer’s needs to determine what additional offerings or services that a customer may need in addition to determining if a customer should be referred to the Contract Sales organization.
· Works to continually to develop personal selling skills and specialized product knowledge. Drives Technology, Tech Services, Furniture and Print sales by supporting all related current programs, new product launches and special initiatives.
· Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and practices; and supports company loss prevention efforts.
· Successful completion of Tech, Print, and other applicable training and continued education in these areas is expected, up to and including designated certifications, if required.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
· Level of Formal Education: High School diploma or equivalent education is preferred
· Years of Experience: Minimum 1 year experience in related field
o Type of Experience: 2 Years Sales and/or Customer Services experience preferred
· Technical Competencies:
o Must possess the ability to use technology and print equipment applicable to role, and to access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
o Must possess ability to process information/merchandise through POS register system
o Basic computer skills
· Skills and Ability:
o Must possess strong selling skills
o Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
o Must be adaptable to a changing environment
o Must be able to coach and train others in a professional environment
o Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Personal Attributes:
o Positive and Engaging
o Action Oriented
o Integrity, Accountability & Trust
o Demonstrate passion for the brand, products, services and solutions offered to our customers
o Must possess a desire to continually develop personal selling skills and product knowledge
o Drive for Results
o Decision Quality
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified. Other duties may be assigned.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule:
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply:
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Office Depot, we offer our benefits around the 5 facets of Total Well-Being: Physical, Emotional, Work-Life, Financial, and Community. Here’s a look into what we offer:
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
Meet Phillip Rumpf, our Retail District Sales Manager in the Salt Lake City UT market. Phillip has been with Office Depot for 5 years now, and in that time, he has quickly advanced through our stores organization as a Customer Service Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager and now as District Sales Manager.
The path to his current position has been challenging and rewarding and his leadership took the opportunity to develop him and encourage his ambitions along the way. As a Store Manager, Phillip was identified as a high potential leader and was selected for our “Blue Angels” program for leadership development which led to his current DSM role.
We’ve Got Whatever You Need, for Wherever You’ll Be
Get what your business needs, when you need it with Office Depot OfficeMax