At Office Depot, Inc., every leader is responsible for growing total sales and services within the location. The Sales Manager will partner with the General Manager to drive the overall services culture within the location, assist in the day-to-day operations, and develop store strategies and tactics. The Sales Manager is accountable for achieving sales plan for all services including copy & print, technology, subscriptions, and business services by articulating areas of opportunity and devising & executing action plans to resolve. The person in this role has accountability for driving the store’s overall sales training to ensure appropriate Office Depot, Inc selling techniques are executed. The Sales Manager assists with the merchandising, operations, cash handling, and execution of store and company standards, in addition to resolving both associate and customer relations’ concerns. The Sales Manager is also a “Key Carrier” and will be considered the Leader on Duty in the absence of other management. All Full-Time Sales Managers must be able to work a flexible schedule that aligns with business needs, which includes the ability to work evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays. In addition, Full-Time Sales Manager positions must be able to perform External Key Carrier responsibilities, which include but are not limited to, opening and closing responsibilities and being scheduled for those respective shifts.
· Leads, coaches, and inspires associates while fostering a culture that builds trust, brand loyalty, and exceptional customer/client service delivery. Proactively observes and provides feedback to associates to enhance their proficiency in this area. Creates and manages a sales focused environment through the training and development of associates. Accountable for the assessment and development of all associates, ensuring that they all have completed and maintained their certification(s), as applicable (print, tech, etc.).
· Deliver exceptional customer/client service by observing, listening, interacting and following up with customers to ensure satisfaction and issue resolution. Builds a culture which drive sales through motivating associates to be product experts and customer focused. Is a business services sales leader and a role model for superior customer service by demonstrating an understanding and high degree of proficiency using the Office Depot, Inc. sales principles.
· Responsible for increasing sales and profitability through conversion, AOV (Average Order Value), and customer satisfaction improvement across all categories. Accountable for velocity services and executes on new services product launches, including services and product protection plans. Drives merchandising sales contests.
· Responsibilities as an External Key Carrier include but are not limited to: ensuring the safety and security of the building and associates during the absence of others or in conjunction with other managers. Performing opening and closing responsibilities, including activation and deactivation of the store’s alarm system, cash handling, daily store balancing, and other system processes.
· In the absence of the General Manager, manages inventory/inventory levels, assets and expenses within the store by applying financial controls and routinely reviewing all operational processes including receiving, data entry, cash handling, and payroll control. Will also be responsible for managing merchandise flow-through and replenishment processes.
· Consistently maintains store appearance to company guidelines and keeps a neat, clean, well-stocked environment. Adheres to all standards related to signage labeling, planogram integrity, and merchandise presentation.
· Responsible for managing performance, talent assessment, development and recognition of associates. Assists in managing the performance appraisal process by delivering timely, and valuable developmental feedback and reviews to all associates. Supports an environment that embraces diversity and encourages creative, innovative thinking, and risk taking. Provides direction, coaching, and real time counsel related to all associate performance issues. Manages conflict effectively. Drives the recruitment, retention, and development of a diverse range of talented people by participating in the interviewing and selection process.
· Leads daily, weekly, and monthly store meetings to ensure the accurate communication of company initiatives, policies, and procedures, as well as updates to the daily operations of the store. Ensures associate understanding of company benefits, directives, and other programs.
· Obtains and maintains Sales Leader certification and other position specific certifications as required. Completes all management training; including (but not limited to) Anti-Harassment, Code of Ethics, etc. Adheres to OSHA, Worker’s Compensation, wage and hour, I-9 compliance and other legal requirements.
· Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Experience :
· High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Business, Marketing, Retail Management, or another related field preferred
· Minimum 2 years of experience in related field
· Minimum two years of experience in retail, including management and/or supervisory role in a sales-driven, customer-oriented company. Sales experience in a services industry a plus.
· Must possess the ability to use technology and print equipment applicable to role, and to access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
· Must possess ability to process information/merchandise through POS register system
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Office Depot, we offer our benefits around the 5 facets of Total Well-Being: Physical, Emotional, Work-Life, Financial, and Community. Here’s a look into what we offer:
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
We’ve Got Whatever You Need, for Wherever You’ll Be
Get what your business needs, when you need it with Office Depot OfficeMax