This job posting is no longer active.
At Office Depot Inc., the Sales Advisor – Seasonal is a part-time role providing exceptional customer service by performing duties such as cashier, logistics support, stocking, restocking, down stocking, inventory control, cleaning the store, and protecting company assets. The Sales Advisor – Seasonal will quickly build and maintain customer relationships and become a trusted advisor by utilizing basic training of Technology products/services and print offerings.
The Sales Advisor – Seasonal will demonstrates a passion for the brand, technology products, furniture, print, and other services/products offered to our customers. The Sales Advisor – Seasonal will utilize Office Depot Inc’s proven sales principles to proactively engage customers to drive the sales of our total offerings and properly assess customer needs to ensure satisfaction in every interaction.
The essential functions of this position may require you to consent to periodic comprehensive background checks conducted by a third-party.
· Provides exceptional customer service by performing duties as cashier, provides logistics support, stocking, restocking, down stocking, inventory control, cleaning the store, and protecting company assets.
· Performs merchandise-related activities to ensure merchandise presentation guidelines are met through implementing plan-o-gram changes and updates, merchandise set and price changes. Sets weekly ads, including price changes, and any associated updates to store signage.
· Follows the established sorting and stocking guidelines and completes freight processes. Ensures freight sorting area is organized and setup in accordance with guidelines. Scans, investigates, and fills inventory lows and outs daily.
· Proactively acknowledges and engages every customer to ensure a positive customer experience. Utilizes and understands the selling program to promote the sale of the best solution as well as additional product and/or services solutions. Maintains awareness of planned advertisements and promotions.
· Able to evaluate the customer’s needs to determine what additional offerings or services that a customer may need in addition to determining if a customer should be referred to the Contract Sales organization.
· Works to develop personal selling skills and specialized product knowledge through sales and service tools provided. Drives
· Technology, Tech Services, Furniture and Print sales by supporting all related current programs, new product launches and special initiatives.
· Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures, and practices and supports company loss prevention efforts.
· Successful completion of Tech, Print, and other applicable training and continued education in these areas is expected, up to and including designated certifications, if required
· Performs others duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
· High School diploma or equivalent education is preferred
· Retail sales experience preferred
· Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills, which are necessary to establish a selling relationship with customers and other employees.
· Must possess the ability to use technology and print equipment applicable to role, and to access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
· Must possess ability to process information/merchandise through POS register system
· Basic computer skills
· Must be able to read, count and write to accurately complete documentation, utilize training tools and process inventory.
· Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Must be adaptable to a changing environment
· Must possess ability to work with computers to process information/inventory through computer systems.
· Must enjoy interacting with people
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Office Depot, we offer our benefits around the 5 facets of Total Well-Being: Physical, Emotional, Work-Life, Financial, and Community. Here’s a look into what we offer:
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
Meet Phillip Rumpf, our Retail District Sales Manager in the Salt Lake City UT market. Phillip has been with Office Depot for 5 years now, and in that time, he has quickly advanced through our stores organization as a Customer Service Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager and now as District Sales Manager.
The path to his current position has been challenging and rewarding and his leadership took the opportunity to develop him and encourage his ambitions along the way. As a Store Manager, Phillip was identified as a high potential leader and was selected for our “Blue Angels” program for leadership development which led to his current DSM role.
We’ve Got Whatever You Need, for Wherever You’ll Be
Get what your business needs, when you need it with Office Depot OfficeMax