The Supply Chain Operations Manager is responsible for managing, executing and optimizing Supply Chain strategies as it relates to the daily distribution and transportation activities within assigned area(s) of a market. This may include, but is not limited to, functional responsibility for one or more departments such as receiving, order fulfillment, shipping/loadout and/or transportation. This position is responsible for P&L management, staffing, and ensuring the execution and accountability of KPIs, regulations and associate safety. This position will actively engage and interact with site and regional leadership to implement work process design and flow to improve performance and overall efficiency. The Manager, as a member of the leadership team, will continually identify ways to improve our operations and ensure that both internal and external customers receive the highest level of service. The Manager sustains a cohesive and effective team within his or her area of responsibility by managing and developing associates to achieve high quality and productivity in concert with the company's goals and company values.
• Provide leadership and motivation for 20-30 direct report associates. Communicate effectively with associates and create an open communication style that fosters a collaborative work environment.
• Conduct associate performance reviews, ongoing performance discussions, and salary review recommendations. Monitor, observe and record productivity, quality and utilization for assigned area.
• Administer training, qualification, safety programs and ensure regulatory compliance.
• Communicate and administer policies and procedures in assigned area.
• Ensure that the physical condition of the work areas are conducive to a healthy and safe working environment.
• Plan and Manage the efficient receipt, storage, order fulfillment and loading of inventory and/or transportation, through vigilant focus on KPI’s, Quality and Service goals; utilizing forecasting methodologies and tools.
• Plan and Manage Multi-Departmental P&L’s, with accountability for cost containment and efficiency.
• Implement Lean methodology and use the principals to lead continuous improvement with teams. We will work to help you develop these skills.
• Recruit, hire, train and develop Distribution and/or Transportation associates; ensure coverage planning for staffing requirements and resource allocations.
• The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Education & Experience•
• Three or more years of experience in a production, logistics, transportation, retail or business-to-business distribution facility as a supervisor or lead
• One years of managerial or leadership development experience preferred
• Leadership or Supervisory role in Distribution, Transportation, or Operations preferred
• Self-motivated, team player
• Strong communication and leadership skills, strong knowledge of warehouse and/or transportation operations and procedures, proven decision-making capabilities, ability to manage and motivate employees.
• Knowledge of Warehouse/Transportation operations, Warehouse/Transportation Management Systems, Inventory Control processes and / or logistics preferred.
• Cloud based systems and other ad hoc reporting
• Microsoft Office
• Ability to set and manage expectations; observe and monitor work progress
• Lead through change and deliver critical coaching and feedback on associate performance
• Flexibility to meet the needs of the business
• Financial literacy - ability to forecast business and adjust to business conditions.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience a plus. Business, Engineering, Distribution Management preferred.
• Black Belt certifications in 5s or Dale Carnegie courses a plus
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) with matching and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! Starting Salary - $60 - $65K plus the opportunity to earn annual performance bonus up to 15%. Model work week is 24/5 with holidays off and paid. Weekends off (in past year - only 1 Saturday pulled for Inventory) For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Office Depot, we offer our benefits around the 5 facets of Total Well-Being: Physical, Emotional, Work-Life, Financial, and Community. Here’s a look into what we offer:
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
"I am currently the specialist on first shift helping to oversee module putaway. With the diverse culture Office Depot has, I play a huge role in the training of new associates. I am currently a member of the Lit Program where I am being trained to be a manager with Office Depot. I feel my role is huge in the promotion of positivity, and also creating effective work teams. What gravitated me to Office Depot was my mother worked for the company for many years prior. The stories she would tell about the amazing culture at her work changed my career path to Office Depot. I love where this journey has taken me and the growth I’ve had through the company."
Palm Beach County School District Electronic Device Drive
#DepotDifference Habitat Home-Build Challenge!