At Office Depot and Office Max, every leader is responsible for growing total sales and services within the location. At Office Depot and Office Max, our Operations Manager is responsible for freight and logistics activities within the store including inventory preparation and execution. This person will partner with the General Manager and Services Sales Manager to provide guidance to Merchandising Stock Associates by facilitating some training; providing positive and constructive feedback, and the appropriate level of coaching required. In partnership with the management team, S/he will also maintain loss prevention compliance, store visual and merchandising standards. The Operations Manager is a key carrier and will be considered as the Leader on Duty and proactively engage with customers to exceed their needs and work to generate revenue by driving a sales culture and customer/client first environment. This position is accountable for the store’s controllable profit and identifies and implements actions to reduce waste and inefficiencies. The essential functions of this position may require you to consent to periodic comprehensive background checks conducted by a third-party.
1. Accountable for store’s controllable profit and advises the General Manager on a weekly basis on progress to plan and implements detailed actions to improve store profitability.
2. Responsible for accurate and efficient processing of all merchandise in accordance with established procedures, deadlines and visual merchandising standards within the store. Provides feedback on the proficiency and areas of improvement for the Merchandising Stock Associates. Identifies areas of opportunity to reduce waste and inefficiencies, takes action, and implements process improvement plans.
3. Partners with General Manager to manage the assets of the store by monitoring inventory levels and initiating action to correct inventory discrepancies. Ensures appropriate merchandise flow-through and replenishment processes are in place. Is responsible for store’s inventory preparation and execution.
4. In the absence of other managers, leads the store opening processes, including the completion of all morning reports. As the manager of the operations/merchandising team, follows all guidelines and freight processes during designated times. This requires working the opening shift. Will function as the Leader on Duty, as directed by the General Manager, by demonstrating a high degree of knowledge of the Office Depot Inc. sales principles and customer service expectations.
5. Responsibilities as an External Key Carrier include but are not limited to: ensuring the safety and security of the building and associates during the absence of other or in conjunction with other managers. Performing opening or closing responsibilities. This includes activation and deactivation of the store’s alarm system. Responsibilities also include all cash handling, daily store balancing and system process for opening and closing of the store.
6. Ensures merchandise presentation guidelines are met, including the completion of all EBW (Ends, Bulks and Wings) and POG (Planogram) changes and updates. Ensures the completion of RCC (Returns Consolidation Center)/buyback transactions, daily recovery, and daily tasks. Responsible for weekly ad-set, proper pricing, and signage in store, maintains brand standards, and visual merchandising standards.
7. Responsible for loss prevention compliance. Ensures adherence to loss prevention policies and procedures. May Process daily cash office transactions and assist with reconciling any overages or shortages from the previous day. Partners with Shrink Captain and champions safe working environment.
8. Completes all applicable management training related to position; including (but not limited to) Anti-Harassment and Discrimination and Code of Ethics. Adhere to OSHA and Worker’s Compensation guidelines.
9. Obtains and maintains Sales Leader certification and other position specific certifications as required. Completes all management training; including (but not limited to) Anti-Harassment, Code of Ethics, etc. Adheres to OSHA, Worker’s Compensation, wage and hour, I-9 compliance and other legal requirements.
High School diploma or equivalent experience; Bachelor's;degree preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and OfficeMax offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply
Fair Chance OrdinanceWe will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
We’ve Got Whatever You Need, for Wherever You’ll Be
Get what your business needs, when you need it with Office Depot OfficeMax