Part Time Shift Mon- Fri 9AM- 2PM
• Responsible for providing fully proficient administrative and secretarial support to one or more managers/professionals. Under general direction, coordinate departmental projects/processes, compiles basic correspondence and reports in support of a functional area. Tasks are based on related standard procedures and instructions are readily available.
• Assist GM and other members of the management team with a variety of administrative requests and reports, scheduling of conference rooms, plan business meals and small projects.
• Fully proficient and skilled in all clerical tasks. May handle some receptionist responsibilities i.e. screen phone calls, greet visitors and distribute incoming mail/correspondence.
• Review outgoing material and correspondence for internal consistency and conformance with department's procedures, assures that proper clearances have been obtain, when needed.
• Determine from a variety of requests, which should be handled by the supervisor, appropriate staff members or other departments
• Obtain information from the files or staff for routine inquiries on department programs or reports.
• High school Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 1 year experience
• Knowledge of the operation of department equipment such as PC, computer software, calculators, etc.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, using the English language (English competency)
• Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to understand and apply addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
• Good understanding and application of proper punctuation, spelling and grammar
• Basic knowledge of the company structure and policies/procedures
• Must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and the ability to manage personal information
• Must be able to present themselves in a professional manner
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
"I am currently the specialist on first shift helping to oversee module putaway. With the diverse culture Office Depot has, I play a huge role in the training of new associates. I am currently a member of the Lit Program where I am being trained to be a manager with Office Depot. I feel my role is huge in the promotion of positivity, and also creating effective work teams. What gravitated me to Office Depot was my mother worked for the company for many years prior. The stories she would tell about the amazing culture at her work changed my career path to Office Depot. I love where this journey has taken me and the growth I’ve had through the company."
Palm Beach County School District Electronic Device Drive
#DepotDifference Habitat Home-Build Challenge!