At Office Depot, Inc., every leader is responsible for growing total sales and services within the location. The Sales Supervisor, at the direction of the General Manager, will drive the overall services culture within the location. This Sales Supervisor is accountable to achieving sales plan for all services including copy and print, technology, subscriptions, and business services by articulating areas of opportunity and devising and executing action plans to resolve. The person in this role has accountability for driving the store’s overall sales training to ensure appropriate Office Depot, Inc. selling techniques are executed.
The Sales Supervisor is also a “Key Carrier” and will be considered the Leader on Duty in the absence of other supervisors or management. All Full-Time Sales Supervisors must be able to work a flexible schedule that aligns to business needs, which includes the ability to work evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays. In addition, Full-Time Sales Supervisors must be able to perform External Key Carrier responsibilities which include but are not limited to opening and closing responsibilities and be scheduled for those respective shifts.
The essential functions of this position may require you to consent to periodic comprehensive background checks conducted by a third-party.
· Leads, coaches, and inspires associates while fostering a culture that builds trust, brand loyalty and exceptional customer/client service delivery. Proactively observes, coaches, and provides feedback to associates to enhance their proficiency in this area. Creates and supervises a sales focused environment through the training and development of associates. Provides input to the General Manager on the assessment and development of store associates, ensuring that all have completed and maintain their certification(s), as applicable (print, tech, etc.)
· Deliver exceptional customer/client service by observing, listening, interacting and following up with customers to ensure satisfaction and issue resolution. Helps foster a culture which drive sales through teaching associates to be product experts and customer focused. Is a business services sales leader and a role model for superior customer service by demonstrating an understanding and high degree of proficiency using the Office Depot, Inc sales principles.
· Contributes to increasing sales and profitability through conversion, AOV (Average Order Value), and customer satisfaction improvement across all categories. Collaborates with General Manager on velocity services and executes on new services product launches, including services and product protection plans. Is responsible for driving merchandising sales contests.
· Responsibilities as an External Key Carrier includes but are not limited to: ensuring the safety and security of the building and associates during the absence of others or in conjunction with other managers. Performing opening and closing responsibilities including activation and deactivation of the store’s alarm system, cash handling, daily store balancing, and other system processes.
· Assists General Manager with managing inventory/inventory levels, assets and expenses within the store by applying financial controls and routinely reviewing all operational processes including receiving, data entry, cash handling, and payroll control. Will also assist with handling merchandise flow-through and replenishment processes.
· Consistently maintains store appearance to company guidelines and keep in a neat, clean, well-stocked environment. Adhere to all standards related to signage labeling, planogram integrity, and merchandise presentation.
· Supports an environment that embraces diversity and encourages creative, innovative thinking and responsible risk taking. With the guidance of the General Manager, provides guidance and constructive coaching to associates and reports any performance concerns for the General Manager to address. Manages conflict effectively. Assists with the recruitment, retention and development of a diverse range of talented people by participating in the interviewing and selection process at General Manager’s discretion.
· Assists with and participates in daily, weekly, and monthly store meetings to reinforce communication of company initiatives, policies and procedures, as well as updates to the daily operations of the store. Helps General Manager and Sales Manager in promoting associate awareness of company benefits, directives, and other programs.
· Obtains and maintains Sales Leader certification and other position specific certifications as required.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
· Level of Formal Education: High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachrlors Degree preferred.
· Area of Study: Business, Marketing, Retail Management, or another related field preferred
· Years of Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in related field
· Type of Experience: Minimum two years of experience in retail, including management and/or supervisory in a sales driven, customer-oriented company. Sales experience in a services industry a plus.
· Technical Competencies:
- Basic computer skills
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and G-Mail
- Must possess the ability to use computers and technology for information, and to access information necessary to complete the job.
- Must possess ability to process information/merchandise through POS register system.
· Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to effectively lead, coach and manage others in a professional environment
- Ability to positively influence
- Coaches / Motivates, Conflict Management, Problem Solving
- Drives for Results, Directing Others, Decision Quality, Business Acumen, Collaboration / Team Spirit, Accountable, Time Management
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to plan, prioritize and execute detailed instructions in a timely and efficient manner
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, with the ability to work independently, as well as with others
- Must possess sound judgment and people management abilities
- Must be adaptable to a changing environment and able to consistently achieve goals despite stress and ambiguity
- Must possess ability to process information/merchandise through POS register system
· Information Systems:
- Knowledge of POS, HR Systems and Work Force Management Systems
· Personal Attributes:
- Positive and Engaging
- Action Oriented
- Integrity and Trust
- Demonstrate passion for the brand, products, services and solutions offered to our customers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified. Other duties may be assigned.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Office Depot, we offer our benefits around the 5 facets of Total Well-Being: Physical, Emotional, Work-Life, Financial, and Community. Here’s a look into what we offer:
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
Meet Phillip Rumpf, our Retail District Sales Manager in the Salt Lake City UT market. Phillip has been with Office Depot for 5 years now, and in that time, he has quickly advanced through our stores organization as a Customer Service Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager and now as District Sales Manager.
The path to his current position has been challenging and rewarding and his leadership took the opportunity to develop him and encourage his ambitions along the way. As a Store Manager, Phillip was identified as a high potential leader and was selected for our “Blue Angels” program for leadership development which led to his current DSM role.
We’ve Got Whatever You Need, for Wherever You’ll Be
Get what your business needs, when you need it with Office Depot OfficeMax