As a Senior UX Designer you will partner with others across design, software development and product management to deliver elegantly designed experiences for business and consumer customers. You'll be part of a centralized customer experience team and will work with other design leaders on long-term initiatives in design and research.
1. Customer Advocacy - Consistently focuses attention on the user problem to be solved. Asks good questions to gain clarity or depth on customer or user problems and can speak to how work solutions align (or not) to stated problem.
2. Strategic Design Decisioning - Is able to quickly explore solutions with direction; offers improvements upon suggestion directions; seeks to understand technical constraints and offer solutions.
3. Asset Development and Production - Develops assets to express design ideas in both low fidelity and high fidelity (ranging from wireframes to diagrams to hi-fi mockups or no-code prototypes as needed). Upholds appropriate use of components, usability of interaction design, and maintains clean document management. Is able to quickly iterate designs based on feedback from design leads.
4. Facilitation Techniques - Facilitates basic techniques for alignment on solutions and prioritization of work with cross-discipline groups. Co-facilitates or supports active participation in techniques for alignment on opportunities and research insights. Seeks support from others as needed.
5. Research Methodologies - Partners with lead designers or researchers on methods to validate design work. Able to use and align to generative research. Participates in research activities and communicates activities and results with cross-functional team.
6. Tool Mastery - Utilizes modern wireframing and design tools (such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.) with ease and can independently adapt to tool changes as appropriate.
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education: Specific degree is not required
Area of Study: Not required but candidates may have degree in design, fine arts, or computer science
Years of Experience: 5+
Type of Experience: Web and mobile ux design, interaction design, visual design
Skills and Ability:
• Builds collaborative relationships
• Makes decisions using analytical thinking
• Has relentless focus on customers; engages with them directly to bring their needs to the center of the design and build process.
• Has impeccable attention to detail, from problem statement to pixels.
• Leverages modern design tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, etc) efficiently both for delivery and collaboration.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.