This job posting is no longer active.
At Office Depot Inc., the Solutions Advisor is a full-time role, providing “total solutions” to our customers encompassing Technology, Services, Furniture and Print offerings. The Solutions Advisor will quickly build & maintain customer relationships and become a trusted advisor by utilizing training of Technology products/services and print offerings.
The Solutions Advisor will demonstrate a passion for the brand, technology products, furniture, services, print and other services/products offered to our customers. The Solutions Advisor will utilize Office Depot Inc.’s proven sales principles to proactively engage customers, drive the sales of our total offerings, and properly assess customer needs to ensure satisfaction in every interaction.
The essential functions of this position may require you to consent to periodic comprehensive background checks conducted by a third-party.Primary/Key Responsibility
· Proactively acknowledges and engages every customer to ensure a positive customer experience. Utilizes and understands the selling program to promote the sale of the best solution as well as additional product and/or services solutions. Maintains awareness of planned advertisements and promotions.
· Able to evaluate the customer’s needs to determine what additional offerings or services that a customer may need in addition to determining if a customer should be referred to the Contract Sales organization.
· Provides exceptional customer service by educating customers about Office Depot products and services. Effectively utilizes communication tools to request assistance anywhere on the sales floor, and to coordinate the appropriate service, and customer engagement throughout the store.
· Performs duties as cashier, provides logistics support, stocking, restocking, down stocking, inventory control, cleaning the store and protecting company assets.
· Works to continually develop personal selling skills and specialized product knowledge through sales and service tools provided. Drives Technology, Tech Services, Furniture and Print sales by supporting all related current programs, new product launches and special initiatives.
· Trains and coaches new/existing associates on the use of new products and tools and/or selling program.
· Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and practices; and supports company loss prevention efforts.
· When not assisting customers, performs merchandise-related activities to ensure merchandise presentation guidelines are met through implementing plan-o-gram changes and updates, merchandise set and price changes. Sets weekly ads, including price changes, and any associated updates to store signage or POP materials.
· Performs other duties as assigned. For Stores with Co-working, will back up Co-working manager in the operational execution of the co working department, as needed.Education & Experience
· High School diploma or equivalent education preferred
· Minimum 2 year experience in related field
· 2 Years Sales and/or Customer Services experience
· Must possess the ability to use technology and print equipment applicable to role, and to access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
· Must possess ability to process information/merchandise through POS register system
· Basic computer skills
· Must be knowledgeable in the Technology and Print area
· Must possess strong selling skills
· Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, which are necessary to establish a selling relationship with customers
· Must be adaptable to a changing environment
· Must be able to coach and train others in a professional environment
· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Positive and Engaging
· Action Oriented
· Integrity, Accountability & Trust
· Demonstrate passion for the brand, products, services and solutions offered to our customers
· Must possess a desire to continually develop personal selling skills and product knowledge
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Office Depot, we offer our benefits around the 5 facets of Total Well-Being: Physical, Emotional, Work-Life, Financial, and Community. Here’s a look into what we offer:
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
We’ve Got Whatever You Need, for Wherever You’ll Be
Get what your business needs, when you need it with Office Depot OfficeMax