The Sr. Principal, Systems and Solutions Architect is responsible for strategy, design, implementation, and roadmap of Veyer’s application systems and/or IT infrastructure. Provides an architectural framework and vision for information system development, maintenance, and enhancement efforts. Focus is supply chain systems such as Warehouse Management Systems, Transportation Management Systems and Warehouse Control Systems.
Works closely with sales to understand specific customer requirements and use cases, to develop customized solutions leveraging Veyer’s asset base of material handling equipment including automated pick modules. Will work with clients to integrate their systems and leverage client middleware where needed for solutions.
Lead efforts with developers and engineers from the P&T organization to develop road maps for applications, align development plans, and to ensure effective integration among information systems and the IT infrastructure. Owns the Veyer technology roadmap and must be versed in supply chain operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that the systems and solutions are compliant with relevant industry regulations and standards; maintaining awareness of any legal or regulatory requirements that apply to Veyer’s technology infrastructure and ensuring that these requirements are met. Examine current systems architecture in partnership with internal stakeholders to recommend solutions that result in greater system efficiency.
- Provide thought leadership on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in systems and solutions architecture; staying abreast of the latest developments in the field and providing guidance on how to leverage new technologies to drive innovation and improve efficiency. Actively lead software technical vision to success by ensuring those involved in the process understand the strengths, areas of opportunity, and strategies to improve our current offerings.
- Drive successful business growth by evaluating customer needs and determining how our technology can support and exceed those objectives.
- Align across multiple functions to help develop, implement, and improve technical solutions in support of customer goals.
- Primary responsibility for creating or expanding relationships with major vendors, suppliers, regulators, or other critical external organizations
- Create technical roadmap that aligns with overall business strategies, objectives, and Annual Operating Plan. This includes consulting and design of database, application, network, security, and cloud architectures.
- Primary influence at the highest levels of the organization on projects and initiatives directly affecting enterprise revenue, profitability, and total cost of ownership (TCO). Effectively translate often complex technical problems into understandable terms based on the audience. Plays a key role in defining features, phases, and solutions requirements, including specifications according to defined solutions, managed, and delivered.
- Responsible for developing partnerships with vendors, customers, or other organizations to drive innovation and improve the Veyer’s technology capabilities through strong networking skills and ability to build relationships with key stakeholders both within and outside the organization. Lead efforts to interpret technical and functional requirements into deliverables that can be understood by software engineers, functional analysts, and business owners. Lead functional and/or technical integration efforts across multiple domains, systems, and applications. Leads troubleshooting sessions and foresee functional and technical challenges and able to guide team towards resolution.
- May be responsible for directly or indirectly leading other Systems/Solutions Architects, or other technical professionals; providing guidance, coaching, and mentoring to help team members develop their skills and advance their careers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field; Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum 10 year experience in related field
- Excellent understanding of a wide range of technologies, including cloud computing, databases, security, and networking.
- Experience solving complex problems in a multi-platform systems environment, strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills required.
- Work without supervision and mentor less experienced team members towards developing and configuring optimum solutions.
- Solid written and verbal English skills
- Extensive experience with WMS, TMS, WCS implementations and migrations.
- Has led large complex solution design and implementation for complex distribution networks.
- Solution, design, and development with one or more of the listed applicable technologies – Java, AS400 or Mainframe, Oracle Applications, Salesforce Applications, Open Source Coding languages (Python, Scala, PHP, Java, Perl, C#, Ruby).
- Proven experience solving complex problems in a multi-platform systems environment (Windows, SUSE Linux, Redhat Linux, AS400, MVS).
- Experience with cloud technologies in AWS, Azure, Google or Oracle Cloud.
- Experience with automation tools like Jenkins, Selenium, HP QTP, Cucumber, etc.
- Experience in Source Code version tools like GitHub, Subversion, MS Visual Source, PVCS, etc.
- Experience in one or more software methodologies like Agile, Waterfall, Lean, DevOps, etc.
- Demonstrated comprehensive expert knowledge and exceptional insight into the information technology industry.
- Thorough and in-depth understanding of security legislation that affects our businesses, including, but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley, Payment Card Industry regulations, Customer Data Protection regulations, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and contemporary security legislation activities that may impact future plans.
- Proven experience in formal bargaining and negotiation of high-risk opportunities
- Conceive, design, and create new tools, products, or processes in a deep specialty or as an expert integrator of systems to meet business needs
- Proven leadership in development of performance measures, test plans, quality assurance methodology and product release criteria based on user requirements
- Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify, or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Takes initiative and excellent time management.
- Strong self-management skills with ability to effectively collaborate with peers and management
About The ODP Corporation: The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ:ODP) is a leading provider of products and services through an integrated business-to-business (B2B) distribution platform and omnichannel presence, which includes world-class supply chain and distribution operations, dedicated sales professionals, a B2B digital procurement solution, online presence, and a network of Office Depot and OfficeMax retail stores. Through its operating companies Office Depot, LLC; ODP Business Solutions, LLC; Veyer, LLC; and Varis, LLC, The ODP Corporation empowers every business, professional, and consumer to achieve more every day.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified. Other duties may be assigned.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule: The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply: Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.