As a Lead Technical Product Manager, you will be partnering with strategic business owners to understand and drive the overall product strategy. You will work with our customers and partners to gather business requirements, build and manage the product backlog and drive the execution of the product vision. You will apply your deep knowledge of B2C, B2B and technology trends to shape the vision of the product and deliver features that will meet customer needs and grow sales. As part of this role, you will coordinate across many internal and external teams. You will need to clearly articulate and describe the product features to the developers, QA and UX/UI designers in our agile team as well as the different business partners, comfortably pivoting between business, operations and technology teams.
• Transform complex concepts or ideas into executable plans, relaying these plans to the organizational VPs and EVP.
• Analyze customers' needs & behaviors as well as review competition and emerging technologies to develop insights that can be used to guide the strategy and the product roadmap
• Conduct project discovery by interviewing key stakeholders to flush out business rules and operational specifications
• Liaise between business owners, tech teams, internal and external partners to meet customer needs while ensuring that the strategy & vision of the product are met and aligned to the company's goals and tenets
• Define & monitor the key performance indicators and continuously evaluate the performance and the growth of the product
• Work with development agile team to execute sprint goals
• Participate and influence agile ceremonies including planning, backlog refinement, sprint reviews, team retrospectives and daily scrum
• Lead the elaboration of epics, themes and writing user stories and developing the acceptance criteria.
• Manage prioritization of defects and work with teams to ensure proper resourcing and scheduling to resolve them.
• Protects the team from internal and external factors that distracts from sprint goals
• Serve as an expert on trends in B2C and B2B eCommerce, use market research, customer surveys, and other analytic data to understand the customer and business needs to identify gaps and/or new opportunities to ultimately define a product roadmap
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Area of Study: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science
Years of Experience: 7-10 years of relevant experience
Type of Experience: Experience in business systems and/or web application analysis with prior experience in a retail eCommerce, B2B, B2C, internet direct marketing or e-Procurement environment.
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Microsoft Word
Skills and Ability:
• Analytical Skills: demands superior analytical skills; must be analytically capable of refining strategic, technical roadmaps and synthesizing to make improvements and recommendations.
• Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; regularly required to make presentations to stakeholders, and must clearly present, articulate, and defend research findings, design decisions, and formulated strategies to the stakeholders in a way that they can relate to and easily understand.
• Interpersonal/People Skills: ability to facilitate smooth collaboration and relations necessary to be successful in this role; not troubled by complications, disagreements, and unnecessary delays. Ability to build trust among team members and convince people to follow him/her. Effective presentation skills. Exceptional relationship building skills required
• Leadership Qualities: Ability to continuously drive results, display a high level of confidence not just in self but in other people as well, inspire and motivate team performance. Demonstrate an ability to navigate complex situations and tasks with calmness and composure, setting an example for others.
Information Systems: (People Soft, etc.)
• JIRA, MS Access, SharePoint, Google Analytics
• Interpersonal and leadership skills
• Executive level presence
• Maintains positive attitude, high energy and strong sense of urgency
• Resident expert on cutting-edge customer experience and technology trends
• Effectively leverage and apply best practices to maximize programs’ benefits
• Knowledge of various eCommerce and Internet technologies
About The ODP Corporation
The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ:ODP) is a leading provider of products and services through an integrated business-to-business (B2B) distribution platform and omnichannel presence, which includes world-class supply chain and distribution operations, dedicated sales professionals, a B2B digital procurement solution, online presence, and a network of Office Depot and OfficeMax retail stores. Through its operating companies Office Depot, LLC; ODP Business Solutions, LLC; Veyer, LLC; and Varis, LLC, The ODP Corporation empowers every business, professional, and consumer to achieve more every day.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified. Other duties may be assigned.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.