This job posting is no longer active.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for acquiring new high potential accounts for ODP by creating relationships with non-ODP decision influencers, decision makers, and current buyers within an organization through various in-person sales activities, including networking, relationship building, and cold-calling. Specifically, the position is responsible for making sales and soliciting orders for contracts from customers. The focus of the role is on the acquisition of net-new high potential accounts, generating long-term profitability and revenue. Additionally, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing share of wallet in existing customers by selling a greater range of products utilizing cross-selling tactics. The role will also require servicing existing customers, with a focus on fulfilling their needs and keeping them satisfied, as well as being responsible for data integrity and accuracy of work products, creative business planning, and developing selling strategies.
The associate should have prior experience in sales, possess strong analytical skills, and have the ability to multitask while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. They will be a strategic thinker, possess excellent communication and negotiation skills, and collaborate well with other teams within the company. They will need to maintain accurate records of their customers in the company's CRM and be committed to continually learning and upgrading their knowledge and skills to become a thought leader and influencer in their role. This role will require that the employee customarily and regularly travel within the assigned territory away from his or her regular place of business (e.g., home or business office) to meet with customers and make sales.
· New Account Acquisition: Engaged in making sales or soliciting orders or contracts. Engaged in in-person sales activities including, but not limited to, creating relationships with non-ODP decision influencers, decision makers, end users, current buyers, and new prospects within an organization. Travel within the assigned territory to network and cold call prospective customers and leads (based on customer profile in volume, size, and service requirements) to present ODP offerings to potential customers utilizing our strategic pricing strategy.
· Acquire new high potential accounts by selling them a broad portfolio of ODP products. Generate long-term profitability and revenue for ODP through acquisition of net-new high potential accounts. This will require the employee to customarily and regularly work away from his or regular place of business (e.g., home or business office) to meet with customers and make sales, with little or no supervision.
· Existing Account Penetration: Engaged in making sales or soliciting orders or contracts. Responsible for in-person sales activities to grow share of wallet in customers who have spend with ODP today by selling more of current products, greater range of products, or new category of products into the end customer; responsible for selling both office supply and non-office supply categories, pulling in specialists as needed to support greater category penetration. This will require the employee to customarily and regularly work away from his or regular place of business (e.g., home or business office) to meet with customers, with little or no supervision.
· Servicing existing revenue: For those customers in territory with current spend, the rep is responsible for servicing the existing revenue, pulling in customer service or sales support as needed to keep customer satisfied and looking to spend more with ODP.
· Takes responsibility and ownership for data integrity and accuracy of work products and creative with business planning and implementing sales initiatives. Maintains customer information in ODP’s CRM.
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or equivalent Bachelors preferred
· Bachelors degree in business related field preferred
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience in related field
· Two or more years of B2B sales experience as a proven top performer exceeding revenue goals; 4 years of experience preferred.
· Solid relationship building, negotiation and closing skills.
· Ability to efficiently conduct a consultative analysis and provide recommendations.
· Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage change within a fast-paced environment.
· Adaptive learner with the ability to apply knowledge and thrive in a team environment.
· Proficient in MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Working knowledge of CRM tools (i.e., Salesforce.com)
· Be an impactful member of the sales team through the achievement of monthly sales and revenue goals.
· Consult with former clients to cultivate new opportunities and develop tailored product solutions highlighting product benefits.
· Develop long-term client relationships to support renewals and upsell opportunities.
· Drive the sales process by coordinating face-to-face meetings with key decision makers.
· Build an expansive network through persuasive sales calls, company visits, industry events, and peers.
· Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of the organization.
· Maintains and updates databases with all required customer information in CRM
· Meet or exceed assigned revenue goals and sales quotas within assigned module of accounts.
· Ability to customarily and regularly travel to and from assigned territory to meet with the customers.
· Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
· Related work experience
· Valid driver license
· Provide regular updates and reports to management on account activities, sales forecasts, and client feedback.
About The ODP Corporation
The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ:ODP) is a leading provider of products and services through an integrated business-to-business (B2B) distribution platform and omnichannel presence, which includes world-class supply chain and distribution operations, dedicated sales professionals, a B2B digital procurement solution, online presence, and a network of Office Depot and OfficeMax retail stores. Through its operating companies Office Depot, LLC; ODP Business Solutions, LLC; Veyer, LLC; and Varis, LLC, The ODP Corporation empowers every business, professional, and consumer to achieve more every day.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified. Other duties may be assigned.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Office Depot, we offer our benefits around the 5 facets of Total Well-Being: Physical, Emotional, Work-Life, Financial, and Community. Here’s a look into what we offer:
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
"I came to Office Depot as a part time cashier in college. I quickly started working in the Copy & Print Center and was soon promoted to Department Manager. Less than 2 years later, I took a job with BSD in Outside CPD sales and since then have transitioned into several roles within the BSD organization. Thanks to my amazing manager who saw my potential and #LifeAtDepot for promoting growth!"
Supporting Our Local Schools & Teachers #DepotDifference
Get what your business needs, when you need it with Office Depot OfficeMax