This job posting is no longer active.
The purpose of a Maintenance Mechanic III is to maintain and troubleshoot various Sortation Controls and building needs.; This requires advanced or mastered understanding for troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems.; There is a strong emphasis on the troubleshooting and fine-tuning of electrical, PLC, and sortation controls to ensure the system is operating at peak production requirements.; This technician responds to all critical and emergency issues within the facility and is responsible for prioritizing multiple demands and making independent decisions based on critical needs.; Additionally, this position will provide guidance and mentoring to Maintenance Mechanic I and II partners within the facility.
1. Building Maintenance – Performs general facility repairs such as minor plumbing, general electric, lighting, painting, and wall repair.; Perform minor repairs on doors and dock plates to resolve problems and ensure successful operation.; Assists Senior Mechanics with all major repairs and Tenant Improvement work as requested.; Communicate with all peers, customers, and management to accomplish assigned and critical tasks.; Oversees Third Party project completion.
2. Conveyor System – Supports and performs reactive repairs and preventative maintenance to maintain operation of conveyors and sorter equipment, including the assembly/disassembly of pneumatic sub-systems.; Troubleshoots conveyor system controls and adjusts/calibrates or repairs as needed.; Works with vendor partners to determine the root cause of issues and appropriate corrections.; Oversee production-related issues and makes necessary corrections to sortation controls as needed.
3. Equipment Maintenance – Performs preventative maintenance to production-related equipment, Powered Industrial Trucks, and building equipment as needed.; Maintains complete inventory and cleaning of all equipment and work areas.; Identifies and corrects safety hazards and potential maintenance issues before they become critical.; Supports the design and implementation of continuous improvement processes.
4. Electrical – Performs trouble-shooting and needed tasks involving low and high voltage electrical; and control systems of 480 volt devices (AC and DC),; including repair or replacement of system components.
5. System Installation, Design, Construction and Repair – Recommends and performs installations of new or replacement facility equipment.; Works with or oversees In-House and Third Party installation.
6. Problem Solving – Detect, diagnose, and resolve electrical, mechanical, plumbing, heating/cooling, and equipment problems before they impact the operation of the facility.
7. Facility Cleanliness / Safety – Oversees and ensures the maintenance shop area is organized, neat and clean.; Identifies and acts immediately regarding any safety hazards, spills, etc., to avoid the risk of accidents.; Uses safe lifting techniques and operates power equipment in a safe minor.; Abide by all stated regulations while performing works, i.e., lockout/tag out procedures, etc.; Oversees inventories, repairs and clean-up of equipment and work areas daily.; Communicate with all peers, customers, and management regarding safety issues and training requirements.
8. Fabrication – Utilize materials and tools to design/create/repair custom equipment to support the operation (i.e., wood, metal, etc.).
9. Record Keeping -- Perform necessary data entry (i.e., work order tracking/filing) and keep current tools and documents updated as necessary (i.e., Material Safety Data Sheets).; Maintains records to ensure accountability of time, parts and repairs.
10. Other Duties / Projects – Must have the ability to read blueprints, manuals and schematics and interpret technical manuals.; Must prioritize of tasks to ensure all requests are completed in a timely manner.; Trains new associates in operational procedures, use of safety equipment and safety hazards.; Communicates with and provides completed Work Orders or updates daily to management.; Must possess ability to oversee small/medium-sized projects within the facility and provide oversight of Third Party vendors.
• High School diploma or equivalent edu preferred
• Industrial mechanic trade school courses or certificate (i.e., electrical, controls, plumbing, welding, etc.) or equivalent experience
• Minimum of five years’ experience with mechanical and electrical systems, including conveyor/sortation systems and related equipment, in a fast-paced production environment
• Previous experience with and working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, including conveyor and related systems in a fast past environment
• Previous experience with Dematic conveyors and related production equipment and systems (i.e., Rapid Route, Flex Sort, Crown, Raymond)
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and OfficeMax is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and OfficeMax offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
• Advanced mastery of PLC and sortation control systems
• Working knowledge of standard building codes and safety regulations
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to follow blueprints, technical manuals, and engineering specifications
• Possess strong prioritization skills and be able to make decisions independently
• Possess strong organizational skills and have the ability to oversee the timely completion of multiple tasks daily
• Ability to train new employees and mentor junior technicians
• Good working knowledge of building codes, National Electrical Code (NEC), National Fire Protection Association (NFTA) and OSHA regulations
• Ability to be on call, work days or nights, weekends and overtime if needed
• Strong computer skills
Fair Chance OrdinanceWe will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
"I am currently the specialist on first shift helping to oversee module putaway. With the diverse culture Office Depot has, I play a huge role in the training of new associates. I am currently a member of the Lit Program where I am being trained to be a manager with Office Depot. I feel my role is huge in the promotion of positivity, and also creating effective work teams. What gravitated me to Office Depot was my mother worked for the company for many years prior. The stories she would tell about the amazing culture at her work changed my career path to Office Depot. I love where this journey has taken me and the growth I’ve had through the company."
Palm Beach County School District Electronic Device Drive
#DepotDifference Habitat Home-Build Challenge!