The Manager, eCommerce Marketplaces will create, shape, lead and grow the digital marketplace business on our marketplace partners technical platforms. This includes oversight of listing, review optimization, paid advertising, content optimization, reporting and analysis, rank-boosting projects and relationship management.
This role will lead multiple high visibility projects and digital marketplace programs across eCommerce, Merchandising, Marketing and Analytics by developing and optimizing inventory, managing revenue-specific goals and executing across specific partner platforms. This position manages all aspect of our growing marketplace business including tactical plans, content strategy and development, promotional campaigns and other online marketing, product merchandising, online analytics and technologies.
1. Drive business results and relevantKPIs by leveraging data both for driving change and measuring impact of delivery. This includes forecasting and managing the marketplace inventory, pricing and related needs to deliver to the sales and IGM plan
2. Responsible for ongoing working knowledge of strengths/weaknesses, competitive advantages/disadvantages, key vendors/players, whitespace opportunities
3. Partners with senior management and stakeholders to manage the marketplace portfolio, define key strategies and create roadmaps that will enable the company to achieve its annual business objectives.
4. Develops clear and complete business cases and requirements and presents to senior management the information necessary to make informed approval, prioritization and tradeoff decisions
5. Collaborates with creative, marketing, and merchandising to refine and continually evolve the Marketplace experience against the competitive landscape. Ensures all relevant parties and key stakeholders are informed of project status from concept through launch.
6. Assesses new marketplace business development opportunities, provides insightful analysis and recommendations to reach the consumer in new ways.
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education:
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience Bachelor's degree preferred; comparable work experience accepted in lieu of degree
Area of Study:
Marketing or Advertising
Years of Experience:
8-10+ years demonstrated experience with eCommerceand third-party eCommerce platforms
Type of Experience:
Media buying, ad tracking, analytical, large/detailed budget management, decision-making, agency management
Proficient in Excel
Skills and Ability:
Strong analytical skills and decision making: Experience analyzing large amounts of data and making decisions based on findings
Ability to assess situations and develop recommendations based on data
Skilled at PPC optimization techniques, Amazon algorithm, keyword research
Industry knowledge of print and digital media
Able to analyze data and turn into insightful marketing recommendations
Strong communication skills & ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
Strong project management skills
Exceptional organization skills
Must be comfortable leading projects and giving direction to others
Comfortable with fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Extremely detail oriented.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.