At Office Depot and Office Max, every leader is responsible for growing total sales and services. The Director, Sales Enablement is responsible for driving the Sales focus in the BSD organization toward strategic goals and operational effectiveness and for building enablement programs to help completely transform our field sales team. In addition, he/she will work closely with the Enterprise Organizational Development department to establish competency levels for sales associates to develop a comprehensive learning strategy inclusive of sales training enablement programs and tools that will support, equip, and inspire the sales associates to drive desired business outcomes and scale new heights to achieve success. These programs will encompass sales skill development (training), content expertise development (enablement), and sales mastery programs.
The Director, Sales Enablement will drive processes for sales and services order management. He/she will partner with various levels of leadership to identify opportunities to simplify the sales process through optimization and automation. This position requires a person with social poise, warmth and friendliness, a strong sense of urgency, and a competitive drive to get things done by influencing others, delegating, developing contacts, and building professional and sustainable business relationships.
1. Achieve revenue and drive positive comp sales growth through strategic planning and the development of sales training and enablement programs.
2. Identify, create, and implement cutting-edge programs for Office Depot that will accelerate skill development of associates while evolving our portfolio of training and enablement programs to develop the required skills for store associate’s to effectively partner with clients/customers to help them transform and grow their businesses.
3. Along with the Sr. Director of Revenue Management, manage sales forecasting processes that provide accurate prediction into future revenue performance. Ensure forecasting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes within the company and focus on increasing efficiency (yield) to ensure reliable results.
4. Facilitate successful implementation and adoption of new processes in the BSD field organization and promote a workplace environment that is focused on continuous process improvement, a positive NPS, and client/customer satisfaction through changes that make it attractive and easy to do business with Office Depot.
5. Directs the strategic planning, development of, and measurement of Marketing activities.
6. Explores trends, innovations, technology, and applications within the industry to recommend and implement programs/technology that will enable field team.
7. Conceptualizes and leads initiatives for sales and technical programs and establishes ongoing initiatives to offer recurring training to associates on services products, processes, and general key development as identified by field leadership.
8. Must be an excellent communicator with strong writing skills, original thought, and creative ingenuity with attention to detail, an eye for quality, and the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits.
9. Works with recruiting to maintain a pipeline of talent based on proactive management of field needs.
10. Maintains deep familiarity with operating practices required of field team to serve as expert guide and champion for simplification and effectiveness in the business
11. Acts as liaison to the Merchandising and Marketing teams in order to ensure alignment of focus and resource use.
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree, or relevant experience required
Area of Study: Business Management
Years of Experience: Minimum 10-year experience in related field
Skills and Ability:
• Experience managing business partners, strategizing collaboratively, and structuring and negotiating complex agreements
• Strong Leadership capabilities and a proven track record of working with all levels in the organization
• Experience in driving and managing a change management culture and breakthrough thinking
• Intuitive, conceptual, systems focused thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Effective pacing, prioritization, and sequencing of work and a solid track record of successful management of large complex projects
• Passion for developing others and with demonstrated experience
• Strong self-starter and independently motivated
• Proven ability to lead a high performing team
• Experience with sales strategy, customer loyalty, and sales effectiveness highly desired
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offer competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunities to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.