This Position is REMOTE! You can live anywhere!
Office Depot PMO is looking for an experienced Sr. Program Manager to help drive large IT programs that will transform us into a B2B powerhouse! Using your experience with managing application development workstreams, you’ll ensure programs are aligned to the company’s strategic vision and prioritized to deliver maximum value. This position has a wide breadth of business exposure, including IT, Supply Chain, HR, Finance, BSD/Sales, and more. Agile, waterfall, and hybrid methodologies.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience driving medium to large programs to meet organizational goals, managing key milestones, and owning the technical connection between Product Managers, business objectives, and the customer journey
- Ability to establish program structure and cadence that fosters collaboration, communication, and reporting on multiple IT workstreams
- Partnership with PMO leadership and other key stakeholders to locate opportunities and develop and prioritize work within the program
- Vision to track intra- and inter-program dependencies and work with development teams to mitigate potential risks and issues
- Experience working in an agile application development environment
- A “Do whatever it takes” mindset to deliver program goals and objectives on schedule to recognize maximum benefit
What you’ll need to be successful:
- A team-based mindset focused on delivering an incredible customer experience
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex scenarios in simple terms to various levels of leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or other related field
- 5+ years of managing medium to large application development projects/programs for Fortune 500 companies
- Industry certifications like PMP, PRINCE2, PgMP, CSM preferred
- Experience using project management information systems and tools like Jira, Confluence, SmartSheet, SharePoint, etc.
In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing the development of programs that support the organization’s strategic objectives. This requires directing, formulating, and setting priorities and milestones for individual projects within the program. You will require strong attention to strategy, implementation, delegation and profitable management of the company's product or service delivery for both internal and external customers.
Program Management - Coordinates and steers medium to large programs to meet the organizational goals, managing key milestones and employing the technical connection between Product Managers, business objectives, and the customer journey
Cross-Functional Partnership - Coordinates and steers medium to large programs to meet the organizational goals, managing key milestones and employing the technical connection between Product Managers, business objectives, and the customer journey
PM Methodologies - Applies standard methodologies in creating, implementing, and reporting on multi-level initiatives
Framework Development - Builds out framework for program efforts in partnership with key stakeholders
Prioritization - Partners with seniored program managers and other key stakeholders to locate opportunities and develop and prioritize programs/projects
Communication - Ensures program project goals and objectives are met within agreed upon time and scope based on resource capacity requirements and priorities.
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education:
Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent training and experience
Area of Study:
PMP (Project Management Professional), PMI (Project Management Institute) Computer Science, Business Management
Years of Experience:
Type of Experience:
Medium to Large Scale Program/Project Management Experience for a Fortune 500 Company or equivalent
Special Certifications: (CPA, Etc.)
Program Management skills
Skills and Ability:
Builds collaborative relationships
Makes decisions using analytical thinking
Exceptional communication techniques
Strong listening and influencing skills
Information Systems: (People Soft, etc.)
Microsoft Office Suite
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.