Office Depot is a brand you've counted on since 1986 for your office supplies and business services, supported by a strong retail network and world-class technology platforms. As the business landscape continues to evolve, we are changing the way we look at our technology platforms to drive significant change in the way we do business. We're reinventing ourselves and making significant investments in our multi-billion-dollar digital platforms to drive growth in our range of B2B products & services. Apply today to be a part of this revolutionary change!
The role of Sr Full Stack Engineer is to design, build and maintain high-quality technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer experience. Working as an integral part of an Agile development team, this role will require close and continuous collaboration with the team Lead Developers, Product Owners, Business Analysts and fellow team members to translate user stories and functional requirements into resilient & secure technical designs which will be implemented as production-ready application code using Java and/or Golang and RDMS technologies. Ideal candidates should be a full stack developer having experience developing front-end, middle-tier and back-end systems. Experience architecting and managing public-facing, low latency / high-volume APIs and microservices. Understanding of data integrity, processing, and transformations. Should have solid knowledge of Java and/or Golang and integrating with relational databases. Preferably with 5 to 7 years of development experience in one of these or similar languages. Candidates should have a working knowledge with at least one public cloud platform and some experience of application containerization (e.g. Kubernetes / Docker etc.).
What You’ll Do:
- Translate user stories and functional requirements into resilient & secure technical designs.
- Design, build and maintain high-quality technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Ensure application SLAs are met by employing appropriate monitoring and alerting tools as required by each supported application.
- Work with development leads to assist in developing overall application technology design activities; assist with the identification and definition of key architectures, components and interfaces, design of data model and data/information flows.
- Work with Product Owners to help prioritize development activities and estimate level of effort.
- Focus on professional development through our wide array of learning opportunities for continued growth within the Office Depot team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in software engineering/development.
- Java EE and/or Golang
- Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Vertx, GraphQL
- RDBMS (SQL Server / Postgres / Snowflake/Oracle)
- NoSQL DB (Elastic/ Couchbase / MongoDB)
Nice to Haves:
- ETL (SSIS, Datastage)
- Experience in producing and consuming XML and JSON.
- Cloud experience (AZURE, AWS)
- Cloud integrations ( CI/CD Pipelines, Kubernetes/AKS, Functions, Storage, Data Factory, DevOps, Spring Cloud)
- Ability to create unit tests, performance, and integration tests (jUnit, jMeter/k6 & Postman/Newman)
- Developer Tools (Git/GitHub, JIRA, Visual Studio,MS Management Studio, Notepad++)
- Linux/Unix basics
- Tomcat, Netty, Jetty, JBoss, Nginx a plus.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Natural problem solver
- Ability to mentally model complex systems
- Ability to break down complex problems into smaller, less complex problems
- Team player
- Ability to pivot with change and multi-task effectively.
- Detail orientated
- Strong communicator
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.