The Sr. Manager, Supply Chain Labor Planning develops labor strategy that supports optimal business results and client experience. This includes oversight of staffing and scheduling payroll direction, and building labor models and budgets, forecasts, and reporting for all North American Distribution Centers and Private Fleet Transportation. This passionate people leader guides a team in driving continuous improvement and analysis in labor processes including automating and improving current budgeting, forecasting, scheduling, and reporting processes, and improving direction on Supply Chain staffing and payroll management. Additionally, this leader partners with senior stakeholders in Supply Chain to provide data-driven insights to improve cost efficiency with how Supply Chain labor hours are utilized and distributed.
1. Develop and drive long term labor strategy while remaining flexible in the moment to meet ever-changing business needs. Providing strategy, guidance, and recommendation on staffing requirements and cost modeling to SVP & Regional VP’s of Supply Chain using trajectory analysis to include new business forecast.
2. Oversee development of benchmarks and targets using metrics, industry standards and specific business needs to analyze Average Hourly Rates, Full Time/Part Time headcount mix, and effective staffing direction by DC type, and down to individual departments within the distribution center
3. Build and manage the budget for payroll, benefits, and bonus by month by DC and oversee optimization of reporting tools to drive effective staffing and scheduling
4. Oversee and continuously improve the labor model for allocation of labor by DC, XD, CC, including detailed analysis of trends in hours usage by (department), role, DC, DC type, and trends/impacts in hiring/termination/promotion rate
5. Oversee calculation and loading of payroll data into the PowerBI and financial forecast for monthly payroll budgets and adjustments to budgets as needed and effectiveness of the system reporting
6. Foster and maintain effective relationships with cross-functional and field leadership teams to develop short- and long-term strategies for optimization of labor and scheduling
7. Facilitate, lead, and participate in daily and weekly labor strategy and planning meetings/presentations with key stakeholders
8. Lead ad hoc analysis as requested by senior leaders and stakeholders
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree, or relevant experience required
Area of Study: Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent experience
Years of Experience: Minimum 5 year experience in related field
Type of Experience: Supply Chain labor planning and /or field experience a plus
• Detail oriented, highly comfortable with navigating large data sets from multiple sources with high degree of accuracy
• Advanced expert skills in Excel, with proven ability in developing budget models and detailed analysis from scratch
Skills and Ability:
• Experienced in leading teams of analysts (3-5 years), coaching them to build strategic thinking and analytical
• Skills, and spot-checking their reporting and analysis for accuracy and efficiency
• Ability to communicate effectively to a diverse audience - verbal and written - throughout all levels of the organization with high degree of comfort presenting and responding to senior level executives
• Ability to work extremely well across functions, successfully bringing people together toward common goals and consensus
• Ability to multi-task, managing multiple projects, people, and initiatives
• Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative supply chain environment
• Ability to travel occasionally to Distribution Centers for collaboration with DC leaders.
Information Systems: Excel, PowerApps, warehouse management systems & timekeeping systems.
• Detailed and analytical
• Ability to collaborate with a variety of levels within the organization
• High energy, enjoys fast paced and changing environment
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.