The Sr. Financial Analyst position will be responsible for supporting analysis of department, business unit or company financial and operating performance through review of financial data and KPIs. The individual may be involved in monthly, quarterly and/or annual planning, results preparation, internal and external reporting, and ad-hoc project support along with providing modeling and business case support. This individual provides business insights to contribute towards the achievement of increased sales, profitability and cost savings. The position may also support month end close procedures in partnership with Accounting.
1. Partners with business unit in support of monthly close activities, reporting, and analysis of financial results and operating metrics and KPIs
2. Performs variances analysis vs. budget and forecast; Evaluates performance results to provide creative insights, implications and recommendations.
3. Responsible for the summarization and consolidation of company, business unit and/or department level financial and operating financials
4. Contributes towards the creation of monthly and/or quarterly financial reporting packages
5. Supports the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes
6. May provide general and administrative accounting and financial analysis support of the department or business unit
7. Advocates automation, process improvement and best practices within the Finance organization
8. Build profitability and cost savings models and tools and make recommendations based on findings.
9. Provides ad-hoc financial support and assesses and communicates the financial impact of business projects & initiatives
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Area of Study: Finance and/or Accounting
Years of Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in related field
Type of Experience: • A combination of financial planning, analysis and reporting experience and accounting experience needed
(CPA, Etc.) • MBA, CFA and/or CPA a plus
Language Skills: •
Technical Competencies: • Experience developing and analyzing financial tools and models to increase revenue, operating profit and identify cost saving opportunities.
Skills and Ability: • Capable of working with large data sets with ability to summarize and articulate findings
• Strong influencing capabilities required
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Comfortable communicating with senior management
• Strong Excel skills
• Ability to effectively multitask
Information Systems: (People Soft, etc.)
• Experience utilizing Cognos, Oracle, SQL Server, Hyperion and Excel to extract data and produce value-added reporting
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Office Depot, we offer our benefits around the 5 facets of Total Well-Being: Physical, Emotional, Work-Life, Financial, and Community. Here’s a look into what we offer:
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
"I began my career as an intern in Property Accounting at Office Depot 12 years ago. Office Depot helped me leverage my academic background in Finance, leading me to tenures in General Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Financial Planning & Analysis. I was able to then pivot my career to the IT PMO, and more recently the EPMO. As a Lead Functional Analyst, I work to improve the financial visibility of projects to Project Managers and Leaders across the enterprise as well as to enable better decision making. I look forward to growing with Office Depot and contributing to a winning environment!"
Palm Beach County School District Electronic Device Drive
Office Depot Supports Komen South Florida Race for the Cure 2020 #DepotDifference