The Paralegal, Real Estate has a specific expertise in a particular area of law. Likewise, the Paralegal will have knowledge and notable experience aligned with supporting attorney’s expertise: for instance, litigation, employment law, personal injury, real estate, or commercial transactions. In addition, the Paralegal may support additional attorneys practicing in different substantive areas of the law. The Paralegal should thrive in a fast paced, deadline-driven, multi-faceted environment of the Legal Department.
The Paralegal, Real Estate will assist the attorneys in the department and review, analyze, and draft legal and business documents. The Paralegal will work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Assist in-house counsel in all aspects of managing legal issues efficiently and timely.
- Research and collect information across designated business units to assist in legal analysis and documentation.
- Communicate regularly with internal business counterparts to assist in providing legal counsel or resolving legal issues and disputes.
- Investigate factual claims internally.
- Review, analyze and create legal documentation, including agreements, correspondence and reports.
- Assist attorneys cross-functionally within the team/department, as needed.
- Plan and manage other projects as assigned.
- Assist with retaining, managing and coordinating with outside counsel.
- Perform preliminary legal research.
- Manage legal document management systems (i.e., case or contract management systems).
Education & Experience:
- Level of Formal Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Area of Study: Paralegal
- Years of Experience: Minimum 4 year experience in related field
- Type of Experience: Area of legal specialty required may vary
- Special Certifications: (CPA, Etc.)
- • Florida Bar or ABA approved paralegal certification preferred
- Skills and Ability:
- Substantive knowledge in specialized area of law preferred;
- Specialized knowledge aligned with hiring attorney’s expertise: for instance, litigation, employment law, real estate or commercial transactions.
- Ability to work cross-functionally supporting different attorneys and in different areas of the law.
- Comprehensive computer skills.
- Information Systems: (People Soft, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Experience using electronic research tools, such as Westlaw.
- Experience with case management/e-billings software, such as Legal Tracker (f/k/a Serengeti), is preferred.
- Legal document management systems.
- Personal Attributes:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to act with a high degree of integrity, professionalism and maintain confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment working under strict deadlines.
- Problem-solving skills and solutions-oriented mindset
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.