Office Depot is looking for the next Email Rockstar to join our team! We want someone who is highly motivated, ultra-organized, incredibly detail-oriented, has a knack for technology, and views the world through a marketing lens. If you have several years of digital marketing experience under your belt and are hungry to take your email marketing career to the next level, we are looking for YOU. We are moving at a fast pace doing some exciting things, and we need someone who is ready and willing to go along for the ride (and keep up!).
This position will report to the Marketing Manager, Email Triggers & Automations, supporting the planning & execution of email triggers, automations, personalization, and other email marketing/technology initiatives. Day to day responsibilities will be focused on working in our ESP (email service provider) and coordinating with various cross-functional teams to see the email production & execution process through from start to finish. This person will become an expert in leveraging Salesforce Marketing Cloud to drive the program forward, and become the go-to person for all automation and data-related initiatives related to email.
1. Execute all elements of trigger & automated email production, including but not limited to: Importing audiences, coordinating content creation, modifying tagging & code, scheduling deployments, monitoring send activity, ensuring compliance, and reporting on results.
2. Drive program growth through innovative ideas, pushing the boundaries of existing technology/tools available
3. Drive program & process efficiencies by identifying & executing opportunities that increase automation.
4. Increase program personalization & targeted approach in a systematic, scalable way. Identify, manage & amplify different segmentation criteria based on audience behavior, demographic, geographic, firmographic, and other business/customer attributes.
5. Become an expert in how to effectively use data from marketing, automation, and compliance standpoints. Work with data and IT teams to coordinate implementation of data attributes, processes and feeds into ESP in a consistent, systematic way.
6. Maintain knowledge on industry best practices for all things related to both B2C & B2B email & customer journeys: email, marketing, marketing automation, contractual obligations/restrictions, CAN-SPAM compliance, CCPA compliance, public/private business sectors, multi-level user/org trees, and more.
7. Assist in deploying & reporting on A/B and multivariate tests and optimization efforts.
8. Act as the primary liaison between internal and external cross-functional teams for all email triggers/automations.
9. Work with creative, IT and other cross-functional teams to submit requests for new experiences, datasets, and updated content, coordinating efforts in project management software
10. Assist Email Marketing Manager and Email Team with various ongoing tasks.
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education:
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Area of Study:
Marketing, Business, Computer Science, or related field
Years of Experience:
Minimum 7 year experience in related field
Type of Experience:
7+ years relevant/related experience
Proficient in English
Prior experience working in an ESP (email service provider) or Marketing Cloud – Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience preferred
Prior experience working in analytics software, such as Google Analytics
Proficient in Microsoft Office with intermediate skill using Excel
Basic understanding of HTML
Skills and Ability:
Strong understanding of Email Marketing best practices
Ability and willingness to learn new applications, processes, tools, and systems
Must be comfortable communicating professionally with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders at various levels.
Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage several projects at once – staying flexible to pivot as business needs change at a moment’s notice
Experience working with triggered and automated email campaigns a plus
(People Soft, etc.)
Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience preferred
Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
Excellent time management skills
Top-notch verbal and written communication skills
Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience preferred
Experience working at large, complex organizations a plus
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.