The Director, Key Acquisition creates and executes strategies that will grow sales and drive the direction of business development and acquisition teams while developing and sustaining exemplary sales competency. The incumbent will provide insight into the creation and realization of sales initiatives and be a key contributor to the strategy of the broader Business Sales Division. This role will ensure the assigned area and line of business delivers on all key objects to grow market share and build shareholder value. Researches and understands where the best market opportunities for the respective line of business are within the region based on prospects, capabilities and resources, and properly deploys the correct strategy to maximize results.
In addition to owning profitable sales growth, this role will be responsible for the annual operating plan and sales forecasting, budgeting and adherence to ensure the business maintains a competitive position in the market which meets or exceeds our commitments to our stakeholders and the investment community at large. This position will also serve as a key collaborator across a broad spectrum of internal and external partners inclusive, but not limited to: External vendors, Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, Merchandising, Sales Operations and the Executive Leadership team.
1. Organization Development: Leads the management, development and evolution of the team to ensure the readiness of a talented organization focused on the aggressive profitable growth of products and services. Provides the direction, development and coaching of all associates as needed to reinforce their professional capabilities and to maintain an organization of investment grade associates. Effectively implements and monitors programs such as hiring, compensation, performance appraisals, and employee training and development. Responsible for managing and developing a high-level sales team.
2. Revenue & Profitability Growth: This position is responsible for the development and execution of sales plans for all products and services within the assigned area and attaining agreed upon sales. The incumbent will be responsible for attaining agreed upon sales objectives and developing the budget to ensure effective operations within budget parameters. Continually evaluates business development opportunities in support of ongoing profitable growth. Ensures the full and complete compliance of all selling activities to Company standards and to all federal and state regulations.
3. Customer Focus: Leads the organization to ensure strong customer relationships. Develops a culture of customer focus to drive success. Uncovers new business opportunities and presents business case to senior management to improve overall sales profitability.
4. Operating Budget: Leads and coordinates with BSD Finance the preparation of an annual operating budget across all functional areas to deliver an annual plan with growth and income targets. Implement business controls (monthly reviews, etc.) to ensure an ongoing focus on annual business performance and actions required to achieve annual plan metrics. Report financial results (margin and revenue sales and trends). Recommend sales and market strategies. Assist in the design of the sales incentive programs as needed.
5. Strategic Planning: Leads the strategic planning process to develop the “road map” for profitable business growth. Continually refreshes plan performance milestones to levels that are achievable, but which challenge the organization to grow the business profitably. Assesses the market potential and builds a business plan and incentives consistent with Corporate goals. Ensures effective execution of tactical and operational segments of the sales plans for all products and services relevant to regional scope.
6. Matrix Teamwork: Maintains a direct level of communication with the Vice President, BSD and Office Depot Corporate functions in support of an integrated work environment. Inspires the Management Team to plan business objectives, develop organizational policies and to coordinate functions, with an express purpose to develop customers and grow the business profitably.
7. Marketing Development and Vendor Relationships: Provides leadership guidance and support in the development and management of marketing strategy for customer relationships to enable optimal business growth with trade partners. Constantly reinforces the focus on developing vendor relationships and vendor programs as the leading priority in the business with all associates. Constantly monitors and reports to other team members and internal management all market intelligence that may positively or negatively impact practices and operations.
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree, or relevant experience required
Area of Study: Business Administration, Marketing, Merchandising
Years of Experience: Minimum 7 year experience in related field
Type of Experience: Sales, Marketing
Skills and Ability:
• Ability to lead an organization to achieve revenue and profitability targets.
• Ability to manage and lead complex projects within a multi-channel large organization.
• Proven success in executive leadership assignments with a successful P&L track record.
• Decision making ability with a bias for action and sense of urgency.
• Capacity to execute work in a rapid and efficient manner.
• Strong conceptualization and communication skills augmented by diplomacy.
• Personal “bandwidth” to function in a matrix management environment on an international basis.
• Strategic thinker with the ability to convert concepts into tactical plans effectively.
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively lead a team across a large geography.
Information Systems: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Must be personable and presentable at all times.
• Must be a self-starter and able to make own decisions in timely manner.
• Able to take direction well and execute efficiently and effectively.
• Flexible with respect to change initiatives.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
"I came to Office Depot as a part time cashier in college. I quickly started working in the Copy & Print Center and was soon promoted to Department Manager. Less than 2 years later, I took a job with BSD in Outside CPD sales and since then have transitioned into several roles within the BSD organization. Thanks to my amazing manager who saw my potential and #LifeAtDepot for promoting growth!"
Supporting Our Local Schools & Teachers #DepotDifference
Get what your business needs, when you need it with Office Depot OfficeMax