At Office Depot LLC, every leader is responsible for growing total sales and services. The Director of Sales Initiatives is responsible for driving the sales focus in the Business Solutions Division toward strategic goal achievement and operational effectiveness inclusive of supporting initiatives designed to transform our field sales team. In an effort to foster cohesion and team coordination the Director of Sales Initiatives will work on key initiatives as assigned, rotating between areas of the BSD organization, while gaining insight and a full understanding of Business Solutions Division.
The Director of Sales Initiatives will oversee key sales functions in preparation for moving to the Director of Sales role which is responsible for the management of a sales team including leadership support of the team, performance management, professional development, and goal setting to ensure team success. He/she will direct and support consistent implementation of the business’s key initiatives in all sales strategies. This role is a highly collaborative position and will require the Director of Sales Initiatives to work closely with a variety of departments across a broad spectrum of internal and external partners inclusive, but not limited to: External vendors, Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, Merchandising, Sales Operations and the Executive Leadership team.
In addition to owning profitable sales growth, this role will be responsible for the annual operating plan and sales forecasting, budgeting and adherence to ensure the business maintains a competitive position in the market which meets or exceeds our commitments to our stakeholders and the investment community at large.
1. Lead/manage key sales initiatives as assigned by the VP of Sales Operations with a goal of transforming the BSD sales organization and maximizing sales and profitability.
2. Customer Focus: Leads assigned initiatives to ensure strong customer relationships. Develops a culture of customer focus to drive success. Uncovers new business opportunities and presents business case to senior management to improve overall sales profitability.
3. Matrix Teamwork: Maintains a direct level of communication with sales leadership and Office Depot Corporate functions in support of an integrated work environment.
4. Complete all assigned training in preparation for move to field sales role.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree, or relevant experience required
Area of Study: Business Administration, Marketing, Merchandising
Years of Experience: Minimum 7 year experience in related field
Type of Experience: Sales, Marketing
Skills and Ability:
• Ability to lead an organization to achieve revenue and profitability targets.
• Ability to manage and lead complex projects within a multi-channel large organization.
• Proven success in executive leadership assignments with a successful P&L track record.
• Decision making ability with a bias for action and sense of urgency.
• Capacity to execute work in a rapid and efficient manner.
• Strong conceptualization and communication skills augmented by diplomacy.
• Personal “bandwidth” to function in a matrix management environment on an international basis.
• Strategic thinker with the ability to convert concepts into tactical plans effectively.
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively lead a team across a large geography.
• Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Must be personable and presentable at all times.
• Must be a self-starter and able to make own decisions in timely manner.
• Able to take direction well and execute efficiently and effectively.
• Flexible with respect to change initiatives.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.