The Director, Sales Compensation is responsible for developing, implementing, and administering sales compensation programs to ensure competitive, cost-effective compensation opportunities for our sales associates. This position is responsible for overseeing the administration of the sales incentive plans, managing the support functions, developing and maintaining incentive plans, identifying performance trends, and conducting special projects and analyses in the area of Sales Compensation
1. Responsible for managing and facilitating the contract compensation processes, which include, compensation strategy, sales performance management, systems administration and maintenance, compensation accrual support and account to sales rep assignment.
2. Mentor and train the Sales Compensation team by answering questions, providing project direction, and conducting training on all sales compensation plans, analytical tools, and the Optimize system.
3. Direct a sales compensation team in responding to field inquiries from sales associates and managers in a consistent, professional, timely manner. These inquiries could include account assignment, sales and margin crediting, quota performance, compensation plans or payroll issues. Research and gather data to resolve problems and discrepancies. Create ad hoc reports as needed to conduct this research.
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree, or relevant experience required
Area of Study: Business Administration/Finance
Years of Experience: 10+
Type of Experience: Sales Financial background: Analysis/Implementation/ROI/Cash Flow/P&L
Special Certifications: MBA is preferred
Language Skills: English
Technical Competencies: SQL, Hyperion Applications, COGNOS, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, Visual Basic Add-in
Skills and Ability:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to create, analyze, interpret and report analysis.
• Outstanding analytical and statistical skills.
• Advanced proficiency in SQL, Excel, and data management systems.
• High level of creativity and leadership skills.
Information Systems: PeopleSoft/SAP/Oracle/Optimize
Personal Attributes: Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment; strong written and verbal communication skills with strength to succinctly convey message content at all levels of the organization; to interact with Senior Management and influence decisions; solid presentation skills; Strong excel skills with the ability to quickly learn new applications; Ability to develop associates in new areas through a mentoring environment. Demonstrated the attributes to perform at a higher organizational level
Other/Preferred: Has the ability to introduce new innovative thoughts to drive business results.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.