As a Manager in the Digital Marketing team, you will help drive customer retention across all business units within Office Depot. You will develop and deliver integrated media strategies to drive business KPIs, such as: sales, customer retention, and traffic to our websites and stores, primarily through digital display, video and audio marketing channels. You will report to the Sr. Manager, Digital Media, and work extensively with our agency partners to activate and optimize marketing performance.
- Manage media agencies to create innovative display, video and audio media programs that support the messaging and offer strategies for both retail/consumer facing as well as B2B/contract businesses
- Plan and develop retention media plans for business-critical programs, ensuring on-time deployment and effective reporting of results and insights
- Work in partnership with stakeholders across marketing strategy, creative and integrated media teams to align strategies, budgets and KPIs for key marketing programs
- Launch new B2B programs that support cross-channel initiatives using an Account Based Marketing approach and leveraging Marketing Automation technology (Salesforce experience a plus)
- Deliver credible thought leadership on digital customer retention, and lead proactive insights on media opportunities
- Track innovation within the industry, and evaluate and identify new partners and technology that will drive best-in-class media strategies
- Direct and manage external agency and vendor teams and ensure the team manages and efficiently optimizes programs within budget
- Define channel tech/data needs and work with stakeholders (Analytics, IT, etc.) to evolve tracking and reporting
- Own the forecasting and on-going management of campaign budgets for retention programs
- Oversee the timely request, review and delivery to media partners of creative assets that meet quarterly and campaign Go to Market dates
- Gather historic performance data to inform future campaigns; scope demand, audience and spend opportunity; translate into recommendations to present to manager on campaign and media plans
- Manage and track campaign sub-tasks, including set-up/staging, asset development, audience creation, etc., to established budgets and timelines; ensure campaigns meet budget and timeline requirements
- Manage the planning, launch and ongoing campaigns as defined by the approved media plan; recommend audience and creative targeting approaches that will maximize ROI
- Work with all stakeholders to develop and review creative; create campaigns: set up, stage and Q/A all ads in platforms prior to go-live, including, testing links, ensuring tagging is completed using naming convention standards, ads are prepped and set live according to established standards, etc.; review live production ads; pull data and craft campaign performance recaps, troubleshoot any issues and optimize as required or directed; work with cross-functional teams to enable technical and foundational needs for campaigns, such as feeds, pixels, UTM structure, landing pages, pricing and promotions, etc.
- Develop GA360; Data Studio and/or platform-specific dashboards and reports required to monitor performance; use and review to track daily performance and complete campaign optimizations on demand; identify opportunities for testing and identify test goals; understand key automation technologies and identify opportunities to improve or expand use
- Create performance recaps that align to established KPIs; and develop improvement plans. Dive into the performance of campaigns over a mid-longer term to develop holistic learnings; prepare into post-campaign wrap-ups
- Review holistic performance results and capture learnings, develop insights and share with senior team members for review; prepare into presentation form and tie insights to opportunities to improve messaging, targeting and budget optimization
- Review and implement new technology, as directed by leadership; stay abreast of new trends and technology through a natural curiosity of the industry and a drive to improve marketing programs
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Mathematics, Data Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in a related field
- Type of Experience:
- A minimum of 6 years of digital marketing experience
- Worked in an agency or in-house media team
- Experience using GA360 to report on media performance, preferably also using Campaign Manager
- Technical Competencies: Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Google Marketing Platforms, specifically Google Analytics 360 (GA360); Google Campaign Manager and DV360
- Skills and Ability:
- Success managing complex, large scale Digital and Video media programs
- Strong, demonstrated innovation skills
Knowledge of digital marketing best practices, tools and technologies
- Must understand how to manage campaigns to key performance metrics and make daily decisions to optimize campaign performance to drive those KPIs
- Detail-oriented with strong capabilities around to project management and follow-through
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills
- Strong Excel skills and comfort creating/expressing thoughts through concise PowerPoint presentations
- Strongly prefer experience in Marketing Automation and Account Based Marketing platforms
- Prefer hands-on experience creating and managing digital media campaigns using a marketing platform such as Google Marketing Platforms (ex: Campaign Manager and DV360)
- Experience with video and audio media buying (digital and/or linear/terrestrial) preferred
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.