This job posting is no longer active.
The primary role of the Manager, Coworking is to partner with the Store Manager to drive the overall customer, and sales and service culture within the Coworking location. He/she will assist in the day to day operations, and work with the Store Manager to develop overall store strategies and tactics to achieve sales, service and operational performance goals. The person in this role also has accountability for driving sales training to ensure appropriate Office Depot selling techniques are executed. This position develops talent, provides positive and constructive feedback, and appropriate coaching and counseling. The person in this role will lead, motivate and inspire associates to create a customer-centric environment resulting in a memorable and positive customer experience; building customer retention, strong relationships, and brand awareness and loyalty. The Coworking Manager assists with the operation and execution of the Coworking solutions, and with resolving both associate and customer relations’ concerns. He/she will proactively engage with customers to identify and provide solutions that exceed their needs and work to generate revenue by driving a sales culture. Quickly builds ongoing customer relationships and becomes a trusted advisor to both customers and internal partners. Partners with Store Manager to execute on new product launches and develop strategies to improve conversion and Average Order Value (AOV) within the store. Act as a Change Champion, initiating, supporting and executing the transformation within the company. The essential functions of this position may require you to consent to periodic comprehensive background checks conducted by a third-party.
• Successfully lead the sales efforts of a Coworking team
• Hire, train, and motivate staff to effectively grow the revenue within the Retail Sales Organization. Expected result is a team of above plan performers with several individuals eligible for growth opportunities within the appropriate timeframe
• Manage performance, enhance knowledge, and provide on-going training, coaching, and technical assistance to co-working associates resulting in increased customer penetration and growth
• Work with relevant internal and external partners
• Effectively communicate change when warranted
2. Strategy and Tactics:
• Instrumental in the development and execution of the Coworking sales and margin plans. Expected results are plan achievement that are accomplished in compliance with all selling activities to Company standards and all federal and state regulations
• Stay in tune with the changing demands of the marketplace and the BizBox platform through frequent contact with HQ. Provide senior leadership with recommendations for assortment and service enhancement
• Evaluate customer experiences by assessing the effectiveness and impact of solutions offered. Effectively communicate results to stakeholders. Communicate performance in terms of the Coworking key performance drivers
• Lead efforts with all other relevant Office Depot Sales organizations to create a unified and professional, customer-facing presentation of our capabilities, resulting in a cohesive selling approach that drives profitable growth
• Define business priorities through a broad and far vision to include initiating and managing business development activities that will strengthen, expand, and drive market growth
• Understand and analyze customer data to determine business needs, identify expansion opportunities and necessary activities, and align Coworking resources where mutually beneficial
3. Drive for Performance:
• Develop and implement systems and processes to optimize sales strategies and tactics
• Review and leverage weekly sales-to-goal reports to drive performance
• Conduct quarterly performance reviews with direct reports
• Determine new business opportunities and present business case to senior leadership to improve sales and profitability
• Collaborate with Sales Directors and peers to develop strategies that will maximize new business development
HS diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Business, Marketing, Retail Management, or related field preferred
Minimum 3 years experience in related field
Experience in retail environment - including management and/or supervisory in a sales-driven, customer-oriented company
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and OfficeMax offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Fair Chance OrdinanceWe will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
At Office Depot, we offer our benefits around the 5 facets of Total Well-Being: Physical, Emotional, Work-Life, Financial, and Community. Here’s a look into what we offer:
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
Meet Phillip Rumpf, our Retail District Sales Manager in the Salt Lake City UT market. Phillip has been with Office Depot for 5 years now, and in that time, he has quickly advanced through our stores organization as a Customer Service Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager and now as District Sales Manager.
The path to his current position has been challenging and rewarding and his leadership took the opportunity to develop him and encourage his ambitions along the way. As a Store Manager, Phillip was identified as a high potential leader and was selected for our “Blue Angels” program for leadership development which led to his current DSM role.
We’ve Got Whatever You Need, for Wherever You’ll Be
Get what your business needs, when you need it with Office Depot OfficeMax