The Manager, Program (Public) is responsible for growing and managing Public Sector sales and profitability direct and through Public Sector Cooperative agreements..
The sales quotas/responsibilities range from approximately $40 - $500 million. In addition, strong desire and ability to work with internal teams in all areas of the business (pricing, compliance, marketing, training, retention teams, acquisition teams). Public Program Manager is also responsible for working with appropriate team members at the Public Sector Cooperative marketing partners (ie OMNIA Partners, Public, NASPO, etc). Those teams can include contracting, marketing, legal, sales & sales leadership.
1. Contract Creation & Management for Public Sector Cooperative Agreements. Elements of contract management include: ownership of RFP response, contracting (lead agency and end customer when necessary), implementation, pricing management, business reviews, initiating contract extensions, new solicitations, rebate validation and coordination, coordination of audits, supporting Federation partners with program where applicable.
2. Training & Communication – all aspects of training on the Cooperative program or public sector including working with teams to create tools and conduct training internally and externally (new hire training, program training, public sector training, tool creation, etc. Includes ongoing maintenance of assets in key communication portals: SFDC & Seismic
3. Field sales support and Selling Activities – participating in strategy, preparation and attendance at key end customer meetings (prospects and existing customers), providing general public sector support (outside of owned cooperative agreements), serve as a conduit for field sales and contract compliance teams to ensure contract is executed properly.
4. Working with internal and external marketing teams to create appropriate marketing materials to be utilized by the field and cooperative marketing partners. Working with cooperative marketing partner to ensure all resources are being adequately utilized (marketing, online resources, sales resources), attend appropriate public sector conferences and tradeshows, gain and share knowledge including competitive intelligence (may require limited weekend travel/participation). Tradeshow strategy and coordination with marketing.
5. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Education & Experience:
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Minimum 5 years experience in related field
High Level Selling and Key Relationship Management;
Public Sector Sales/Procurement Experience a plus
•Microsoft Excel, Word, PPT and G-Outlook
•SharePoint Portal Utilization
•Excellent Written and verbal communication skills
•Organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
•Strategic selling skills
•Travel required, approximately 50%, but can vary based on seasonality
•Positive and Engaging
•Integrity, Accountability & Trust
•Demonstrate passion for the brand, products, services and solutions offered to our customers
•Must possess a desire to continually develop skills and product knowledge
•Mange by Influence
•Attention to Detail
•Drive for Results
•Public Sector Knowledge and Experience
•Comfort around Higher Management
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
At Office Depot, we offer our benefits around the 5 facets of Total Well-Being: Physical, Emotional, Work-Life, Financial, and Community. Here’s a look into what we offer:
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
"I came to Office Depot as a part time cashier in college. I quickly started working in the Copy & Print Center and was soon promoted to Department Manager. Less than 2 years later, I took a job with BSD in Outside CPD sales and since then have transitioned into several roles within the BSD organization. Thanks to my amazing manager who saw my potential and #LifeAtDepot for promoting growth!"
Supporting Our Local Schools & Teachers #DepotDifference
Get what your business needs, when you need it with Office Depot OfficeMax