The purpose of a Maintenance Mechanic II is to perform general preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance and repairs of all conveyors, production equipment and building-related equipment. This requires an intermediate working knowledge for troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems to be able to detect minor problems and correct them before they become larger problems. The Maintenance Mechanic II regularly responds to production critical issues, provides troubleshooting assistance, and makes adjustments and repairs as needed. This is a mid-level position with promotion potential to Maintenance Mechanic III position by completing and demonstrating proficiency in all related Maintenance Mechanic III job requirements.
1. Building Maintenance \u2013 Performs general facility repairs such as minor plumbing, general electric, lighting, painting, and wall repair. Perform minor repairs on doors and dock plates to resolve problems and ensure successful operation. Assists Senior Mechanics with all major repairs and Tenant Improvement work as requested. Communicates with all peers, customers, and management to accomplish assigned and critical tasks.
2. Conveyor System Maintenance \u2013 Performs reactive repairs and preventative maintenance to maintain operation of conveyors and sorter equipment. Responsible for cleaning and lubricating machinery, performing basic diagnostic tests, checking performance, and testing damaged machine parts to determine whether major repairs are necessary; includes the assembly/disassembly of pneumatic sub-systems. Troubleshoots conveyor system controls and adjusts/calibrates or repairs as needed, both preventative and reactive. Works with vendor partners to determine the root cause of issues and appropriate corrections.
3. Equipment Maintenance \u2013 Performs preventative maintenance to production-related equipment, Powered Industrial Trucks, and building equipment as needed. Maintain complete inventory and cleaning of all equipment and work areas.
4. Electrical \u2013 Performs trouble-shooting and needed tasks involving low and high voltage electrical and control systems of 480 volt devices (AC and DC), including repair or replacement of system components.
5. System Installation \u2013 Assists or performs installations of new or replacement facility equipment.
6. Problem Solving \u2013 Uses problem solving skills and methodologies to resolve any issue as it relates to primary duties and responsibilities within the facility operation.
7. Facility Cleanliness / Safety \u2013 Ensures the primary work areas are left in an organized, neat and clean manner. Identifies and acts immediately regarding any safety hazards, spills, etc., to avoid the risk of accidents. Uses safe lifting techniques and operates power equipment in a safe manner. Abide by all stated regulations while performing works, i.e., lockout/tag out procedures, etc. Communicate with all peers, customers, and management regarding safety issues and training requirements.
8. Fabrication \u2013 Utilize materials and tools to create/repair custom equipment to support the operation (i.e., wood, metal, etc.).
9. Record Keeping -- Perform necessary data entry (i.e., work order tracking/filing) and keep current tools and documents updated as necessary (i.e., Material Safety Data Sheets). Maintains records to ensure accountability of time, parts and repairs.
• High School diploma or equivalent edu preferred
• Minimum;3 years experience in related field
• Previous experience with and working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, including conveyor and related systems in a fast paced production environment.; Previous experience with Dematic conveyors and related production equipment and systems (i.e., Rapid Route, Flex Sort, Crown, Raymond)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and OfficeMax is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and OfficeMax offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
• Working knowledge of standard building codes and safety regulations
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Intermediate knowledge of PLC’s and sortation controls
• Ability to follow blueprints, technical manuals, and engineering specifications
• Ability to take direction and complete tasks independently or in a team environment
• Ability to learn new trades
• Possess a strong sense of urgency
• Ability to be on call, work days or nights, weekends and overtime if required
• Good computer skills
Fair Chance OrdinanceWe will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
"I am currently the specialist on first shift helping to oversee module putaway. With the diverse culture Office Depot has, I play a huge role in the training of new associates. I am currently a member of the Lit Program where I am being trained to be a manager with Office Depot. I feel my role is huge in the promotion of positivity, and also creating effective work teams. What gravitated me to Office Depot was my mother worked for the company for many years prior. The stories she would tell about the amazing culture at her work changed my career path to Office Depot. I love where this journey has taken me and the growth I’ve had through the company."
Palm Beach County School District Electronic Device Drive
#DepotDifference Habitat Home-Build Challenge!