The Furniture Project Consultant is responsible for all activities of special order furniture installation projects to ensure the objectives of each project are accomplished as defined by the customer’s requirements and job standards. This position serves as the single-point-of-contact for special order furniture-related installation activities and will primarily focus on large complex projects.
The Furniture Project Consultant is responsible for projects that require significant coordination, high-profile projects where performance can dramatically impact future opportunities; or other factors deemed necessary to require dedicated project management.
Project Management Activities:
- Project Audits pre-order placement of assigned projects and overflow requests
- Project Audits post order placement (Acknowledgement verification of dates, shipments, timeline reviews, etc.)
- Strategically plan, ensure order/s mirror plan and tagging prior to entry, establish truck schedules and stage project installations of various sizes
- Manage on-site activities and communications
- Carve out window of time daily to manage other project opportunities tasks outside of onsite activities
- Manage workload and assignment/engagement of peer resources
- Problem resolution ownership (identify, provide solution, manage resolution, close out)
- Installation Team Design Billings Management through Project Specialist
- Project Installation Date management through Project Specialist
- Timely Delivery Ticket management (signatures and dates)
- Develop working knowledge of software specific to Interiors
- RFP and Bid Support
- Support PS with field support of warranty claims as needed
- Subject Matter Expert for Preferred Manufacturer
- Manage $’s of projects
- Track GP start / GP end
- Tracking all related expenses
- Develop/maintain professional working relationships with preferred installers
- Review project scope, gather install quote package and obtain competitive labor costs for projects
- Maintain working knowledge of building codes and labor permit requirements
- Margin Enhancement – to find effective ways to increase margin while in the field
- Update and maintain enterprise account project tracking logs if applicable
- Complete training as assigned and seek enhanced skill development.
- Maintain Project Consultant Log
Customer & Project Engagement
- Supporting internal & external customers with “Can do” attitude at all times (Team Player)
- Positive Attitude while holding all interested parties accountable
- Work closely with Sales and Design (when not on a job site), to engage at inception in all projects to offer insights, guidance, product distribution/control
- Margin improvement ideas and issue avoidance suggestions
- Active effort to seek overflow coverage from other Consultants - Initiative
- Serve a Lead Project Consultant on Enterprise Level account. Delegate to others as necessary.
- Serve a mentor to the WIOD organization
- Business Acumen–Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization
- Customer Focus–Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Peer Relationships–Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Drive for Results–Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Creativity–Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Functional/Technical Skills–Possesses functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Problem Solving –Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers
- Learning on the Fly –Is a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; learns quickly when facing new problems
- Time Management –Uses own time effectively and efficiently; concentrates efforts on most important priorities
- Standing Alone –Doesn’t shirk personal responsibility; is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment
- Interpersonal Savvy –Builds constructive and effective relationships; relates well to all kinds of people
- Self-knowledge –Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits; seeks feedback
- Decision Quality –Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
- Planning –Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks
- Dealing with Ambiguity –Can decide and act without having the total picture; can shift gears comfortably
- Motivating Others –Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; empowers others; can assess others’ hot button and use it to get the best out of them
- Conflict Management –Steps us to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; good at focused listening and finding common ground
- Field and remote.
- Ability to travel across the nation
- Work varies. May be sedentary in nature, may require standing and walking for up to 90% of the time.
- Work may be performed within construction sites and outside where climate-controlled conditions do not exist. PPE and safety training provided.
Physical Demands Performing Role:
- Employees are regularly required to:
- Stand, walk; sit, use hands/fingers to feel/manipulate, extend hands and arms, and communicate verbally, and read/interpret blueprints/floorplans
- Regularly lift and/move up to 25 pounds.
- Vision abilities needed to perform role include close vision, color vision, and vary focus.
- Furniture Project Management experience 6-10 years
- Prior service/trade, manufacturer experience, or operational experience within contract furniture
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience and; knowledge of construction or project management acquired through formal education, or 3 – 5 years on-the-job application.
- Ability to navigate through AutoCAD drawings with various viewer software packages (e.g. TrueView)
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Organizational and project management skills
- Working knowledge of all preferred vendor products (e.g., Teknion)
- Ability to read and interpret floor plans, blueprints and installation drawings
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and OfficeMax is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and OfficeMax offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Fair Chance Ordinance
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance