The IT Auditor will assist in the planning, execution and reporting of IT audit reviews. The IT Auditor will provide support to conduct research, review policies and procedures and work with business areas to identify and assess risks of the areas under review. The IT Auditor will help to design testing procedures, develop the audit program, execute testing steps and document work performed for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and Internal Audit reviews following SOX and audit templates. The IT Auditor will support the preparation of written audit observation and will work with audit management to properly communicate observations to business areas and management.
- Identifies and assesses the risks of the area under review, through discussions with management responsible for the function, as well as by reviewing appropriate documentation. Develops a Control Risk Matrix of the function to document the results.
- Based on the risk assessment, provides input to define the objectives and scope of the audit.
- Designs specific testing procedures to identify and evaluate risk exposures and risk management, determine the effectiveness and efficiency of controls, and identify opportunities for improvement. Develops a work program to document these procedures.
- Conducts audit testing for SOX and Internal Audit reviews, by identifying, analyzing, evaluating, and recording information about the activity being audited. Documents testing in automated work papers.
- Communicates progress of work to audit lead. On-going.
- Documents work papers for the testing performed following audit and SOX templates.
- Discusses and confirms audit observations and SOX deficiencies with process owners. Prepares written observation and review with audit lead.
- Supports Internal Audit department initiatives to prepare deliverables or enhance internal processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or business-related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience on IT internal audit or equivalent IT experience is ideal.
- Type of Experience:
- Internal audit, public accounting, or equivalent experience, preferably with minimum one year at a Big Four Accounting Firm
- IT or Audit experience on database environments (Oracle, SQL) and operating systems (UNIX. Linux, Windows)
- IT or Audit experience on IT change management and other IT General Computing controls
- IT or Audit Experience with E-commerce, Point of Sale, Inventory and ERP systems a plus
- Special Certifications: (CPA, Etc.)
- CISA, CPA, CIA, or CISSP and/or advanced degree a plus
- Technical Competencies: Understanding and some experience working with database environments (Oracle, SQL), operating systems (UNIX. Linux, Windows) and network infrastructure (Firewall, Routers, Remote Access)
- Skills and Ability:
- Manage his/her own time and assignments
- Complete audit tasks in timely fashion
- Accurately estimate the length and complexity of tasks, and multitask effectively
- Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with all levels of management and staff
- Act as a team player
- Generate new and unique ideas and search for best practices on each audit
- Quickly learn when facing new problems and enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar or difficult tasks
- Gain the respect and trust of the auditees
- Provide guidance for improved IT process, based on IT established best practices
- Use effective tactics of persuasion in resolving audit issues, and convince others of their position
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Visio, Tableau, ACL and other audit software a plus
- Knowledge of computer-assisted auditing techniques a plus
- Expertise with complex spreadsheets and analytical techniques
- Knowledge of HighBond or other audit documents management tools
- Ability to learn and keep abreast of new technologies and risk areas
- Information Systems: (People Soft, etc.)
- Some experience with E-commerce, Point of Sale, Inventory and Oracle ERP systems a plus
- Personal Attributes:
- Strong skills and ability to produce quality work on time.
- Ability to work independently on full cycle IT audits
- Accurately estimate the length and complexity of tasks and multitask effectively
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective persuasion skills in resolving audit issues
- Ethics and Integrity
- Organization skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be self-directed and team-oriented; “can do” attitude
- Adaptable to change/learns quickly
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.