This is a 100% fully remote role. Work virtually from anywhere in the U.S
The role of Sr. Developer is to design, build and maintain high quality technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer experience. Working as an integral part of an Agile development team, this role will require close and continuous collaboration with the team Lead Developers, Product Owner, Business Analysts and fellow team members to translate user stories and functional requirements into resilient & secure technical designs which will be implemented as production-ready application code using Java and/or Golang.
Ideal candidates should have solid coding skills in Java and/or Golang, preferably with 3 to 6 years of development experience in one of these or similar language. Candidates should have a working knowledge with at least one public Cloud platform and some experience of application containerization (i.e. Kubernetes / Docker etc.)
1. Translate user stories and functional requirements into resilient & secure technical designs
2. Design, build and maintain high quality technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer experience
3. Ensure application SLAs are met by employing appropriate monitoring and alerting tools as required by each supported application.
4. Work with development leads to assist in developing overall application technology design activities; assist with the identification and definition of key architectures, components and interfaces, design of data model and data/information flows
5. Work with Product Owner to help prioritize development activities and estimate level of effort
6. Focus on professional development through our wide array of learning opportunities for continued growth within the Office Depot team
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education:
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Area of Study:
Computer Science or Engineering discipline; Graduate degree preferred
Years of Experience:
A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
Type of Experience:
Java EE and/or Golang
Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Vertx, GraphQL
Ability to create unit tests, performance and integration tests (jUnit, jMeter/k6 & Postman/Newman)
Kubernetes and/or Docker
NoSQL DB (ie. Couchbase / MongoDB / Elastic)
RDBMS (ie. MySQL / PostgreSQL / MS SQL Server / Oracle)
Skills and Ability:
Natural problem solver
Ability to mentally model complex systems
Ability to break down complex problems into smaller less complex problems
(People Soft, etc.)
Tomcat, Netty, Jetty, JBoss, Nginx a plus
Familiarity with any of the following is a plus: Shell scripting, Python, Nodejs, Oauth, JWT, EKS, GKE, AKS
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.