The Desktop Delivery Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of customer orders directly to desktops, i.e. many customers under one roof.; Duties are performed in a productive, time sensitive and customer service manner.
1. Delivery of office products to multiple buildings/businesses and select customer locations as defined and directed by location delivery management and customer specific delivery requirements but independent of a delivery route and/or delivery vehicle.;
2. Management of cabinet/supply room functions. Perform inventory/stocking of various customer specific areas and ordering supplies based on min/max levels.
3. Is also responsible for timely returns as defined by customer requirements or expectations.; Must communicate customer feedback to Sales and/or Supervisor, contribute ideas and suggestions for improvements utilizing LEAN practices, and complete appropriate paperwork.;
4. Must also properly account for the receipt, delivery and customer returns. Ability to train a backup to cover duties when absent.;
5. Responsible for cross-training and providing assistance at other delivery locations, as necessary.
6. Is responsible for timely delivery as defined by delivery structure requirements, customer requirements or expectations
7. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• High School diploma or equivalent edu preferred
• Minimum 1 year experience in related field
• Experience in the delivery of small packages preferred.
• Previous customer experience preferred.
• Experience in use of pallet jacks, hand trucks preferred;;
• Experience using POD or tablet device in the scanning of customer products. Familiarity with scanner and GIS devices preferred.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, using the English language (English competency)
• Basic product knowledge.
• Knowledge of operation of power/mobile equipment.
• Ability to understand addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and job literacy.
• Ability to perform work responsibilities independently, unsupervised in a customer business environment respective of their individual office operating policies and processes.
• Must have access to vehicle capable of transporting necessary equipment, two-wheeler and office supply orders from drop-point to end user.
• Maintain professional appearance
• Must communicate with supervisory staff if all deliveries and or pickups are not made
• Must be a team player, and be flexible in their day to day routine due to business needs and changes
• Demonstrate a commitment to Office Depot core values and adherence to established Standard Operating Procedures
• Ability to transport single cartons up to 75 pounds as needed
• Ability to use manual pallet jacks, hand trucks
• Repetitive lifting
• Ability to stand; on feet for long periods of time, continuous walking;; including stairs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and OfficeMax is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and OfficeMax offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Fair Chance OrdinanceWe will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
At Office Depot, we offer our benefits around the 5 facets of Total Well-Being: Physical, Emotional, Work-Life, Financial, and Community. Here’s a look into what we offer:
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
"I am currently the specialist on first shift helping to oversee module putaway. With the diverse culture Office Depot has, I play a huge role in the training of new associates. I am currently a member of the Lit Program where I am being trained to be a manager with Office Depot. I feel my role is huge in the promotion of positivity, and also creating effective work teams. What gravitated me to Office Depot was my mother worked for the company for many years prior. The stories she would tell about the amazing culture at her work changed my career path to Office Depot. I love where this journey has taken me and the growth I’ve had through the company."
Palm Beach County School District Electronic Device Drive
#DepotDifference Habitat Home-Build Challenge!