This job posting is no longer active.
The purpose of a Maintenance Mechanic I is to perform basic tasks and minor repairs within the warehouse and office areas, as well as general equipment (i.e., scanner equipment, battery room, cleaning photocells). Additionally, general Tenant Improvement work such as light repairs to plumbing, electrical walls, or room finishes are primary responsibilities. Additional responsibilities include general housekeeping and recycling of collected materials. This requires a basic understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems. This is an entry level position with promotion potential to Maintenance Mechanic II by completing and demonstrating proficiency in all related Maintenance Mechanic job requirements.
• Building Maintenance -- Perform painting, sheetrock repairs, and general Tenant Improvement work as needed. Perform minor repairs on doors, dock plates, and plumbing to resolve problems and ensure successful operation. Provide Support to Mechanics and Senior Mechanics in all areas as needed.
• Conveyor System Maintenance -- Perform minor preventative maintenance tasks. Supports Maintenance Technicians II or III during breakdowns, with the goal of expanding hands-on knowledge and experience.
• Equipment Maintenance -- Maintains equipment (i.e., scanners, photocells), battery room, and Maintenance shop in clean and good working order.
• Facility Cleanliness / Safety -- Ensures the maintenance shop area is organized, neat and clean. Adheres to 5S principles. Identifies and acts immediately regarding any safety hazards, spills, etc., to avoid the risk of accidents. Uses safe lifting techniques and operates power equipment in a safe manner. Abide by all stated regulations while performing works, i.e., lockout/tagout procedures, etc. Maintain general cleanliness of building including collection of all recycled materials.
• Fabrication -- Utilize materials and tools to create custom equipment to support the operation (i.e., wood, metal, etc.).
• Record Keeping -- Perform necessary data entry (i.e., work order tracking/filing) and keep current tools and documents updated as necessary (i.e., Material Safety Data Sheets). Maintains records to ensure accountability of time, parts and repairs.
• High School diploma or equivalent edu preferred
• Minimum one year on-the-job experience in related field;training with equipment (i.e., mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, etc.)
• Industrial mechanic trade school courses or certificate
• Basic knowledge of common electrical and plumbing systems
• Good working knowledge of tools
• Basic Computer Skills
• Ability to work any shift including weekends if needed.
• Possess a strong sense of urgency.
• Work well independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to operate machinery and forklifts
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Fair Chance Ordinance
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Compensation Range/ Salary Min $16.77 to Mid $22.32 hourly
SC Hourly Non-Management: You will be eligible to participate in the Distribution/Transportation Non-Management Incentive - a program measured on Location-specific Metrics; paid in accordance with the Incentive Plan terms and conditions.
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Office Depot, we offer our benefits around the 5 facets of Total Well-Being: Physical, Emotional, Work-Life, Financial, and Community. Here’s a look into what we offer:
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
"I am currently the specialist on first shift helping to oversee module putaway. With the diverse culture Office Depot has, I play a huge role in the training of new associates. I am currently a member of the Lit Program where I am being trained to be a manager with Office Depot. I feel my role is huge in the promotion of positivity, and also creating effective work teams. What gravitated me to Office Depot was my mother worked for the company for many years prior. The stories she would tell about the amazing culture at her work changed my career path to Office Depot. I love where this journey has taken me and the growth I’ve had through the company."
Palm Beach County School District Electronic Device Drive
#DepotDifference Habitat Home-Build Challenge!