The Senior Analyst, Data Governance is accountable for ensuring the content systems have been configured to allow for the timely creation and maintenance of product content on all sellable SKUs. The Senior Analyst analyzes the content hierarchy, attributes and values, working closely with eCommerce, Merchandising Teams, and third party vendors to ensure product is appearing as intended with complete and accurate information. The ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams is critical to this position.
1. Analyze, define and implement changes to the following data structures which ultimately improves customer experience and SEO (Content Product hierarchy, Attribute values, Data normalization, Business rules, Acquiring and prioritizing, data from multiple 3rd party feeds, Content Product Hierarchy and Web Taxonomy assignment)
2. Analyze & report on impacts to content infrastructure that supports acquiring content from Trade Vendors; identify any missing or incomplete information.
3. Assess and resolve common content issues adversely impacting systems or data
4. Assess product to ensure proper product category placement within content hierarchy and adjusts hierarchy or product as required
5. Design and generate metrics and scorecards that properly evaluate operational performance
6. Develop & maintain SOP documentation for data governance processes. Identify and implement data governance process improvements.
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Area of Study: Business or related quantitative discipline
Years of Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in related field
Type of Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience with analytics of large scale databases preferably in retail.
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills
Experience with analytics
Thorough knowledge of systems and content management
Skills and Ability:
Outstanding analytical and organizational skills
Must be detailed-oriented
Ability to work independently as well as cross-functionally
Strong problem-solving skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
Strong communication skills
Information Systems: Microsoft Office Applications, Google Products, and Content Management Systems
Sense of ownership
Experience in test planning, training documentation and execution preferred.
Experience in the Retail industry preferred.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.