The Senior Director of Strategic Sourcing is responsible for strategic sourcing oversight of indirect spend of categories including but not limited to transportation, warehousing, distribution & logistics, facilities, travel, events, utilities, and packaging. Accountable for developing effective stakeholder relationships, demonstrating credibility, and earning trust and influence to enable strategic sourcing impact. Accountable for leading ongoing category strategies and category management activities for complex spend categories to achieve business objectives and benefit targets. Expected to stay abreast of recent global industry trends and understands the implications to cost, quality and risk. Leads global strategic supplier relationships and drives rationalization of supply base . Build a world-class team, motivating, mentoring, and leading staff while optimizing costs, increasing revenues, cash, and improving profitability.
- Develop effective relationships with senior-level stakeholders, understand their needs, align procurement and business objectives, influence business unit for strategic sourcing impact, and plan/execute effective and timely communications.
- Lead strategic sourcing team to develop and execute global category sourcing strategies in alignment with business strategy for ~$1-2B annual buy using industry leading procurement processes.
- Stay abreast of current market (category based), changing technologies, and global market trends, communicate cross-functionally and make strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Negotiate high-stakes agreements and champion special procurement project initiatives. Identify and mitigate risk, develop preferred supplier strategies, and develop supplier performance management and development initiatives and practices.
- Ensure the enforcement of related process and policy in collaboration with other relevant internal functions. Create process documents, SOPs and work instructions as required
- Implement employee growth and development initiatives, and drive employee engagement
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Technology, etc. or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 year experience in related field
- Extensive Strategic Sourcing experience for supply chain-related categories
- Technical Competencies:
- Skilled with e-sourcing, spend analytics, and other procurement management tools
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Skills and Ability:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert level negotiating skills
- Deep understanding of Procurement best practices, supply markets, suppliers and products
- Well-rounded business/finance acumen
- Ability to develop senior-level relationships with stakeholders and suppliers, and influence for strategic impact
- Solid analytical abilities including the ability to structure complex problems and create appropriate, fact-based solutions; able to articulate findings clearly and concisely.
- Understanding of supply chain optimization along with Lean Concepts and Six Sigma
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- Proven leadership, management, and team development capabilities
- Information Systems: Extensive knowledge of e-sourcing, spend analytics and contract management tools as well as Microsoft Office suite
- Other/Preferred: Required to have substantial experience in supply chain related categories, such as transportation, warehousing, distribution & logistics, inclusive of national small parcel
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.