At Office Depot and Office Max, the Solutions Advisor-Key Carrier is a full-time role, providing “total solutions” to our customers encompassing Technology, Services, Furniture and Print offerings. S/he will quickly build and maintain customer relationships and become a trusted advisor by utilizing training of Technology products/services and print offerings.
The associate in this role will demonstrates a passion for the brand, technology products, furniture, services, print and other services/products offered to our customers. S/he will utilize Office Depot and Office Max’s proven sales principles to proactively engage customers, in order to drive the sales of our total offerings and properly assess customer needs to ensure satisfaction in every interaction.
The associate in this position is also responsible for the training of Sales Advisors, or other associates within the store regarding Technology products, selling behaviors, attachments and services. Successful completion of Tech, Print, and other applicable training and continued education in these areas is expected, up to and including designated certification, if required. The associate in this role is a “Key Carrier” and will be considered a Leader on Duty in the absence of other supervisors or management. The essential functions of this position may require you to consent to periodic comprehensive background checks conducted by a third-party.
1. Performs “Key Carrier” and Leader on Duty activities. Leads, coaches and inspires associates, while fostering a culture that builds trust, brand loyalty and exceptional client service delivery. Proactively acknowledges and engages every customer to ensure a positive customer experience. Utilizes and understands the selling program to promote the sale of the best solution as well as additional product and/or services solutions. Maintains awareness of planned advertisements and promotions.
2. Able to evaluate the customer’s needs to determine what additional offerings or services that a customer may need in addition to determining if a customer should be referred to the Contract Sales organization.
3. Provides exceptional customer service by educating customers about Office Depot products and services. Effectively utilizes communication tools to request assistance anywhere on the sales floor, and to coordinate the appropriate service, and customer engagement throughout the store.
4. Supports the store with duties as cashier, provides logistics support, stocking, restocking, down stocking, inventory control, cleaning the store and protecting company assets.
5. Works to continually develop personal selling skills and specialized product knowledge through sales and service tools provided. Drives Technology, Tech Services, Furniture and Print sales by supporting all related current programs, new product launches and special initiatives.
6. Trains and coaches new/existing associates on the use of new products and tools and/or selling program.
7. Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and practices; and supports company loss prevention efforts.
8. When not assisting customers, performs merchandise-related activities to ensure merchandise presentation guidelines are met through implementing plan-o-gram changes and updates, merchandise set and price changes. Sets weekly ads, including price changes, and any associated updates to store signage or POP materials.
9. Performs other duties as assigned*.
*For Stores with Co-working, will back up Co-working manager in the operational execution of the co working department, as needed.
Education & Experience:
High School diploma, or relevant experience required
Years of Experience: Minimum 2 year experience in related field
Type of Experience: 2 Years Sales and/or Customer Services experience
Skills and Ability:
• Must be knowledgeable in the Technology and Print area
• Must be able to effectively lead, coach and manage others in a professional environment
• Demonstrates leadership capabilities, with the ability to work independently, as well as with others
• Must possess strong selling skills
• Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, which are necessary to establish a selling relationship with customers
• Must be adaptable to a changing environment
• Must be able to coach and train others in a professional environment
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must possess the ability to use technology and print equipment applicable to role, and to access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
• Must possess ability to process information/merchandise through POS register system
• Positive and Engaging
• Action Oriented
• Integrity, Accountability & Trust
• Demonstrate passion for the brand, products, services and solutions offered to our customers
• Must possess a desire to continually develop personal selling skills and product knowledge
• Drive for Results
• Decision Quality
• Drive for Results, Directing Others
• Time Management
• Coaching and Motivating
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Pay Range: $18/hr - $20/hr
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.