At Office Depot LLC, every leader is responsible for growing total sales and services. The Senior Vice President- Public Sector Business will be a dynamic leader with a demonstrated track record for successfully leading high performing sales organizations. This position will own and execute on the vision and strategy to grow the Public Sector business which requires thought leadership, innovation, and mastery of leading in this unique space.
This highly visible role will own business plans and drive top and bottom line for this hyper growth business segment and is responsible for other associated financial, operational and customer satisfaction metrics. The Senior Vice President -Public Sector is also expected to operate across functional lines to identify and execute on new growth opportunities through business development, strategic partnership, direct selling, and marketing while persevering to grow revenue, to open and close on new business from existing customers and new customer acquisition. Must have the ability to drive execution through strong leadership and partnership with peers across the company while leading and building a team to attract and retain a diverse, high-performing sales team that cultivates trusted advisor relationships with our customers and prospects at all levels.
1. Develop the Public Sector sales strategy for the sales organization to increase sales margin and growth to deliver results consistently and predictably.
2. Grow the sales and margin dollars through acquisition of new customers as well as retention and penetration of current customers.
3. Negotiate with new and existing customers during contract execution or renewal to obtain the highest level of margin and contribution dollars to meet the strategic objectives of the company.
4. Utilize data driven methodology and quantitative analytical skills, including pipeline management and track, monitor and accurately forecast business for span of control.
5. Improve overall customer satisfaction for the Public Sector.
6. Develop strong consultative relationships with external partners and internal cross-functional teams at all levels.
7. Evaluate teams to develop, training and reshape as necessary while mentoring and inspiring them to continually drive improved results through strong leadership.
8. Demonstrate commitment and model the Company’s 5-C culture and attributes while investing in the success of the team to create a meaningful experience for associates
9. Manage the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
10. Ensure that all internal and external policies within the function are measurable and effective.
11. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree, or relevant experience required
Area of Study: Business Administration, Marketing, Merchandising
Years of Experience: Minimum 10-year experience in Public Sector field
Type of Experience: Sales, Marketing
Skills and Ability:
• Ability to lead an organization to achieve revenue and profitability targets.
• Ability to manage and lead complex projects within a multi-channel large organization.
• Proven success in executive leadership assignments with a successful P&L track record.
• Decision making ability with a bias for action and sense of urgency.
• Capacity to execute work in a rapid and efficient manner.
• Strong conceptualization and communication skills augmented by diplomacy.
• Personal “bandwidth” to function in a matrix management environment on an international basis.
• Strategic thinker with the ability to convert concepts into tactical plans effectively.
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively lead a team across a large geography.
Information Systems: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Must be personable and presentable at all times.
• Must be a self-starter and able to make own decisions in timely manner.
• Able to take direction well and execute efficiently and effectively.
• Flexible with respect to change initiatives.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.