As a Principal Technical Product Manager, you will own, develop and drive the overall product strategy of your portfolio of products. You will partner across the Product & Technology organization and throughout the enterprise to gather business requirements, build and manage the product backlog and develop and drive the execution of the product vision. In this role, you will lead requirements’ definition, clearly articulating product features to the developers, QA and UX designers and researchers in our agile teams as well as key business partners, comfortably pivoting between business, operations and technology teams. Mentorship and coaching in this position will be prioritized across the agile teams and functionally in the development of product management team members.
• Develop, own and drive the strategic product roadmaps, partnering with leadership to ensure alignment with the organization’s objectives; Liaise between business owners, tech teams, internal and external partners to meet customer needs while ensuring that the strategy & vision of the product are met and aligned to the company's tenets.
• Analyze customers' needs & behaviors and review competition and emerging technologies to develop insights that can be used to guide the strategy and the product roadmap.
• Conduct project discovery by interviewing key stakeholders to flush out business rules and operational specifications
• Develops and drives new features, small to medium products, including go-to-market plans to address core customer problems.
• Define & monitor the key performance indicators and continuously evaluate the performance and the growth of the product
• In partnership with the Product & Technology leadership team, mentors product management team members, developing and assessing against goals, providing training and delivering feedback consistently
• Participate and influence agile ceremonies including planning, backlog refinement, sprint reviews, team retrospectives and daily scrum
• Leads the elaboration of epics, themes and writing user stories and developing the acceptance criteria.
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Area of Study: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, or the equivalent in work experience.
Years of Experience: A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
Type of Experience: Experience in business systems and/or web application analysis with prior experience in an eCommerce, B2B, B2C, internet direct marketing or e-Procurement environment.
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Road map development
• Risk Management
• Resolving Issues
Skills and Ability:
• Superior analytical skills: must be capable of refining strategic, technical product roadmaps and synthesizing to make improvements and recommendations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills: regularly required to write documents for/make presentations to stakeholders and leaders (2-3 levels above), and must clearly present, articulate, and defend research findings, design decisions, and formulated strategies to the stakeholders in a way that they can relate to and easily understand.
• Interpersonal/People Skills: ability to facilitate smooth collaboration and relations necessary to be successful in this role; not troubled by complications, disagreements, and unnecessary delays. Ability to build trust among team members and convince people to follow him/her. Effective presentation skills. Exceptional relationship building skills required
• Leadership Qualities: Ability to continuously drive results, display a high level of confidence not just in self but in other people as well, inspire and motivate team performance. Demonstrate an ability to navigate complex situations and tasks with calmness and composure, setting an example for others.
• Mentorship & Coaching: ability to effectively mentor developing product managers
Information Systems: (People Soft, etc.)
• JIRA, MS Access, SharePoint, Google Analytics
• Interpersonal and leadership skills
• Executive level presence
• Maintains positive attitude, high energy and strong sense of urgency
• Resident expert on cutting-edge customer experience and technology trends
• Effectively leverage and apply best practices to maximize programs’ benefits
• Knowledge of various eCommerce and Internet technologies
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.