As a Lead Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will be responsible for the successful delivery of end-to-end technology solutions that achieve program objectives and delight our customers.
This role requires strong product, technical, analytical, program management, communication, and interpersonal skills. You will be working with a cross-functional team of product managers, UX designers, and engineering teams and frequently communicate with key stakeholders and Company leadership.
To be successful in this role, you will need to define program objectives and roadmaps, breakdown programs into projects, work with product managers and UX designers to define the requirements and customer experience, partner with engineering leads to create a system design to meet functional and non-functional requirements, and break up projects into Epics and stories across multiple teams following Agile practices. During project execution, you will be responsible for resolving issues, managing risks, and providing regular updates on overall status.
1. Management of a program space, including defining program goals and objectives, breaking down the program into executable projects, and building a multi-year program roadmap.
2. Defines and builds the end-to-end technology solution; leads cross functional teams on requirements, system designs, user experience designs, implementations, testing, and feature launches following an Agile development process.
3. Ensures projects run efficiently by proactively, identifying and mitigating risks, managing and resolving issues, and removing barriers slowing teams down.
4. Manages and communicates status to stakeholders, including Company executive leadership.
5. Partners with leadership to define and execute multi-year roadmaps.
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Area of Study: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, or the equivalent in work experience.
Years of Experience: Minimum 5-7 years of experience in related field
Type of Experience:
• A minimum of 5-7 years of experience leading cross functional projects.
• A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the following areas:
o Software development lifecycle and system design
o Translating functional and non-functional requirements to system requirements
o Agile methodology
• Program Management
• Project Management
• System Design
• Technical Design
• Analytical thinking
• Risk & issue management
• Roadmap planning
Skills and Ability:
• Analytical Skills: demands superior analytical skills; must be able to break down complex and ambiguous problems, collect and analyze data, apply critical thinking, come up with options, refine solutions, and make decisions.
• Communication Skills: this position regularly makes presentations to stakeholders and leadership and requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to summarize, articulate, present, and defend information to the stakeholders in a way they can relate to and easily understand.
• Program Management: ability to define and manage program objectives, break down large, complex programs into clearly defined projects, and sequence projects into a multi-year roadmap that achieves program objectives.
• Project Management: ability to perform high level estimation, break down projects into Epics and User Stories across multiple engineering teams, work with teams to deliver incrementally following Agile practices, manage dependencies, identify and mitigate risks and issues, and provide updates on status.
• Technical Skills: ability to do technical software design across multiple developments teams and organizations. Must be able to negotiate and solve technical issues spanning multiple engineering teams and disciplines.
• Interpersonal/People Skills: the ability to build trust with cross-functional team members, facilitate collaboration, and build relationships are necessary to be successful in this role. You should not be troubled by disagreements and be able to apply different strategies to work through them.
• Leadership Qualities: Ability to continuously drive results, display a high level of confidence not just in self but in other people as well, inspire and motivate team performance. Demonstrate an ability to navigate complex situations and tasks with calmness and composure, setting an example for others. Ability to identify, attract, and develop team talent.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.