As a UX Director, you will drive large-scale initiatives that create or enhance the online customer experiences for consumers, business users. You'll be a part of a centralized customer experience team and shepherd best practices for a cross-functional team of software developers and product leaders. You will drive early stage discovery on some of the most strategic initiatives in the company, as well as work with CX Leadership and others to help improve processes that will empower teams to build better and faster for customers.
1. Presents strategic design decisions with clarity and poise to highest levels of leadership; clearly depicts why design is achieving the goal for the user and the business; integrates multi-phased approaches for long-term initiatives that cross multiple tech experiences
2. Identifies means in which teams engage; Leads in collaboration with other designers as well as partners in engineering and product management to achieve business outcomes; also produces assets such as wire-frames, UI design or prototyping as needed for portfolio of products
3. Develops and operationalizes formal and informal techniques for diverging and converging on problems and solutions; leads teams into deep analysis of solutions
4. Independently partners with research experts and end users, beyond usability testing. Uses data and research methodologies to improve the customer experience; Develops and mentors other across the UX team on research activities and customer engagements
5. Helps drive continued modernization of use of tools (Sketch, InVision, etc.) and design methodologies (workshops, design ops, research methods, etc.) for the organization
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Area of Study: Design or technical spaces such as: Design, Fine Arts, Computer Science/Engineering.
Years of Experience: Minimum 10 years experience in related field
Type of Experience:
• Web and mobile UX Design
• Interaction design, service design, visual design, UX writing, voice design
Special Certifications: (CPA, Etc.)
• None required
Language Skills: •
• Extensive experience in research and design techniques
• Mastery of Sketch, InVision, and similar
Skills and Ability: A solid command of these skills will allow you to be successful in this role:
• Customer engagement
• Relentless attention to detail
• Builds Collaborative Relationships: Anticipates customer needs and champions initiatives to increase customer satisfaction. Builds effective professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Makes Decisions Using Analytical Thinking: analyzes and integrates diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources. Sees key, high level trends across data sets. Recognizes subtle inter-relationships among multiple issues and sees the potential effects on the overall system or process.
• Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; regularly required to make presentations to stakeholders, and must clearly present, articulate, and defend research findings, design decisions, and formulated strategies to the stakeholders in a way that they can relate to and easily understand.
• Interpersonal/People Skills: ability to facilitate smooth collaboration and relations necessary to be successful in this role; not troubled by complications, disagreements, and unnecessary delays. Ability to build trust among team members and convince people to follow him/her. Effective presentation skills.
• Leadership Qualities: Ability to continuously drive results, display a high level of confidence not just in self but in other people as well, inspire and motivate team performance. Demonstrate an ability to navigate complex situations and tasks with calmness and composure, setting an example for others. Ability to identify, attract, and develop team talent.
Information Systems: (People Soft, etc.)
• Mastery of Sketch, InVision, and similar
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.