Varis is looking for a best-in-class Senior Manager, People and Culture to join our team. This position works closely with leadership to develop talent and organizational strategies intended to attract, develop, and engage the workforce. The Senior Manager will provide guidance and leadership in building and supporting a high-performance culture where teams can thrive in a cutting edge and rapidly transforming tech business through the next phase of growth at the organization.
• Together with HR and business leaders, identify and interpret business priorities and align with people and culture priorities, leveraging the HR People Plan to build consistency across the organization. Ensure alignment of the people plan, people programs, and tools with business strategic goals, and advise on the development and implementation of the holistic people plan (e.g., organizational design, talent management, leadership effectiveness, HR programs) for the organization.
• Partner with HR Centers of Excellence (COE) leaders (e.g., Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, HR Business Insights, Total Rewards etc.), to diagnose talent needs, talent movement, compensation patterns, risks, and business insights, then interpret results to build recommended interventions and solutions.
• Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR colleagues to develop solutions, programs, and policies. Translate data and insights into action and lead implementation of organizational solutions.
• Serve as a leader and HR advisor in the design and/or integration of the holistic organizational plan (i.e., talent, structure, org design, workforce planning, etc.). Partners with the business to monitor, execute, and continuously evolve and inform the design.
• As an HR advisor, provide day-to-day coaching to leadership on a variety of actions to include strategic talent management solutions, talent movement, policy interpretation and application, talent development plans as well as programs and organizational design consultation.
• Act as change agent to the business through process design and approaches that support change and transformation. Identify the needs for change and help lead the implementation and adaption to new or changing structures (leadership or organizational), cultural change, or programs/processes (e.g., training, talent movement) for an organization. Contribute to developing change management and communication plans in collaboration with the Communications and Transformation teams and business leaders.
• Mentor HR Generalists on the team
Education & Experience:
• Must have a successful track record of delivering impactful HR programs and initiatives (e.g., performance management, compensation, onboarding, and/or culture and engagement) directly tied to strategic business goals in a fast-scaling business.
• Bachelor’s degree Human Resources Management or a Business-related discipline preferred; Master’s degree in a related discipline is desirable.
• At least 10 years of relevant experience in Human Resources, preferably in a tech organization.
• Ability to collaborate with and leverage team resources while also enthusiastically taking a hands-on role in supporting the business.
• Proven success working with senior leaders in a highly matrixed structure.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management, and partner extremely well with others to get work done with and through others.
• Experience in strategic workforce planning and organizational design.
• Adept at consulting, advising, and influencing leaders on HR related issues to implement appropriate solutions.
• Demonstrated success designing and implementing changes using a consistent framework of reference.
• Exceptional influencing skills
• High level of self-initiative and sense of urgency coupled with a strong customer service orientation
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.