The Manager, Sr Key Account is an outside sales position responsible for managing an existing base of key account customers (that have an annual spend of $250K to $1.5M) by growing share of wallet and improving retention within these customer relationships. This role will have a matrix partnership team to include a cross-functional experts on our office solutions, customer success coordination support, and an account executive that focuses on assigned portfolio in medium to enterprise customers, including government and education.
This position will work towards strengthening the business relationship and maximizing the penetration opportunities by providing full potential with value-add solutions in all product categories.
1. Account Retention and Growth: Engaged in sales activities outside of the office, face-to-face, including, but not limited to, creating relationships with decision influencers, decision makers, end users, current buyers, and new prospects within a company on a regular basis. Retain current customer base and expand footprint through cross/up sell opportunities. Ensure the Company can earn appropriate profitability based on customer profile in volume, size, and service requirements. This will require the development of and execution of pricing strategies and tactics. Present Company solutions that relate directly to key needs and business issues of customer. Negotiate and close sales campaigns to grow customer base 10% annually. Customer base is between $8M to $15M.
2. Customer Management: Network through organizations and industries of focus. Be proactive in all aspects of opportunity development. Identify customer needs and effectively understand and respond to customer objections. Provide guidance on customer and prospect strategic initiatives and expertise around particular areas of interest to discuss industry best practices and development of high-level strategies. Build and expand relationships with decision makers in prospect and customer accounts. Establish yourself as a “Trusted Advisor” to the prospect or customer.
3. Matrix Team: Bring net new and innovative ideas to both internal team and the customer. Assist in creating an environment of teamwork and continuous improvement. Demonstrate a commitment to excellence. Partner with sales and additional pre-sales engagement members to align goals and ensure ongoing refinement. Collaborate with peers and management around ways to continually improve the sales organization. Maintains customer information in the Company’s CRM.
Education & Experience: High School diploma or equivalent, Bachelors preferred
Years of Experience: Minimum 4 years’ experience in related field
Type of Experience: Sales experience in business-to-business environment
Skills and Ability:
• Ability to work in complex and consultative sales environment.
• Ability to get customer involved in creating business case and value propositions.
• Comfortable speaking with senior leadership about financial metrics, calculations, and assumptions in business case.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the industry, the current trends, and changes, as well as leverage that information to the benefit of the Company and the customer.
• Excellent objection handling and negotiating abilities.
• Ability to create strong customer loyalty.
• Driven to invest time in self-education that can be applied in a professional context.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
• Fluid organization agility (the ability to quickly learn, understand and navigate an organization at the upper to lower levels.
• Previous experience within the office supplies industry preferred.
• Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM, a plus
• Must be always personable and presentable.
• Must be a self-starter and able to work autonomously timely manner.
• Able to take direction well and execute efficiently and effectively.
• Flexible with respect to change initiatives.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The Company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records per City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Office Depot, we offer our benefits around the 5 facets of Total Well-Being: Physical, Emotional, Work-Life, Financial, and Community. Here’s a look into what we offer:
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
"I came to Office Depot as a part time cashier in college. I quickly started working in the Copy & Print Center and was soon promoted to Department Manager. Less than 2 years later, I took a job with BSD in Outside CPD sales and since then have transitioned into several roles within the BSD organization. Thanks to my amazing manager who saw my potential and #LifeAtDepot for promoting growth!"
Supporting Our Local Schools & Teachers #DepotDifference
Get what your business needs, when you need it with Office Depot OfficeMax