In this role, you will be responsible for establishing a system/data catalog, to identify data/metric owners and processes to manage these artifacts on an ongoing basis and for building relationship across Marketing and BU owners. Review and make recommendations for the improvement of our processes and technology. Work with cross functional teams to identify relevant data sources and maintain analytical models to perform advanced and replicable analyses.
1.Establish a system/data catalog, a data lineage map, and a business glossary to identify data/metric owners and processes to manage these artifacts on an ongoing basis.
2. Partner with departmental business owners to ensure that the data used for operations and analytics are consistently following the data quality rules and align with the business and governance processes.
3. Research and understand the current data state and the target state with the technology used to achieve the same. Assist with defining a path from current state to target state, and create presentations to illustrate concepts and strategy.
4. Support third party vendor integration, including overseeing analysis of source data, data mapping and testing. Support data migrations, between systems and business process validations. Drive continuous improvement, automation and documentation to ensure adherence to current policies and data standards.
5. Develop and implement digital tagging for data capture to track digital marketing efforts to determine brand and campaign effectiveness. Collaborate with web analysts and business/marketing partners to ensure implementation requirements were met.
6. Collaborate with cross functional teams to design, develop and implement innovative data governance practices, roles, responsibilities.
7. Serve as the primary point of contact for the customer database, identifying opportunities to improve marketing systems and data management by enriching the customer data with attributes available via vendor system integrations.
8. Work with cross functional teams to identify relevant data sources, bring data sets together, perform data engineering, and develop, productionalize, and maintain analytical models to perform advanced and replicable analyses.
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Area of Study: Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Analytics
Years of Experience: Minimum 7 year experience in related field
Type of Experience:
• Designing, developing, and implementing data collection databases.
• Experience with data protection and control
• Collecting and analyzing data
• Interpreting data by means of various technologies
• Evaluating and drafting reports based on data findings
• Advanced SQL experience to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
• Implementing quality control procedures and guidelines
• Ability to work with business and technical teams
• Experienced with Agile methodology. Experience with JIRA a plus
• Familiar with Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, Snowflake, Google Analytics
• Relational Databases & SQL
• Salesforce Marketing Cloud tools such as Journey Builder, Audience Builder
• Marketing Automation, Data Visualization tools, and Web Analytics platforms.
Skills and Ability:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
• Experience working independently
• Critical thinking to solve the business need
• Creative analytics visualization
• Collaborative across departments
• Organized and can multi-task
• Timely communication and meets deadlines
• Effective utilization of hardware and software applications and equipment
• Strategic and creative problem solving
• Works well in a team environment and able to forge and maintain an effective working relationship with other team members
• Ability to communicate methods and results to stakeholders effectively
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.