At Office Depot and Office Max, every leader is responsible for growing total sales and services within the location. The Print and Client Services Manager reports directly to the General Manager and has ownership of the Print Services area. This position is accountable for achieving sales plan for copy and print and is responsible for engaging and providing an exceptional client/customer experience. Will partner with the General Manager and Sales Manager to drive the overall sales Client Services culture in the store and promoting the sale of the best solution.
The Print and Client Services Manager will build ongoing client/customer relationships while demonstrating advanced knowledge of print services. Is responsible for supervising the daily activities of print services and provides leadership, training and direction within the Print area to ensure clients experience the highest level of exceptional service. He/she is expected to quickly build ongoing customer relationships and become a trusted expert by utilizing advanced Print Services knowledge to meet client needs. Additionally, the Print and Client Services Manager along with the General Manager, directs and supervises the daily activities of the entire Print Services department, including self-service. Demonstrates a passion for the brand, print services and solutions, and other products and services offered to our customers.
The Print and Client Services Manager will utilize the Company’s proven sales principles to proactively engage customers, to drive the sales of Print Services and properly assess customer needs to ensure satisfaction in every interaction and to take the opportunity to develop Advisors with these same principles. Is required to perform daily and weekly maintenance of the Print area. The essential functions of this position may require you to consent to periodic comprehensive background checks conducted by a third-party. Print and Client Services Manager will also be a ‘Key Carrier’.
1. Proactively acknowledges and engages every client in the Print Services area to ensure a positive client experience. Utilizes and understands the Company’s selling program to promote the sale of the best solution as well as additional Print Services solutions and products.
2. Operates all equipment within the Print Services area to maintain efficient production and ensure customers’ orders are completed correctly and on time. Additionally, responsibilities as an External Key Carrier include but are not limited to ensuring the safety and security of the building and associates during the absence of the management team. Performing opening or closing responsibilities. This includes driving awareness of key performance indicators, providing leadership to improve results, activation/deactivation of the store’s alarm system, and processes for opening or closing the store.
3. Effectively utilizes communication tools to request assistance within the Print Services area, and to coordinate the appropriate service for all clients throughout the store.
4. Able to evaluate the size and complexity of orders to determine if a RPF (Regional Print Facility) should be used, per established guidelines. Completes the Perfect Order (PO) form for every non-fax order.
5. Works to continually develop personal selling skills and specialized product knowledge through sales and service tools provided. Drives Print Services sales by supporting all related current programs, new product launches and special initiatives.
6. Trains and coaches support staff (Advisors) on the use of new products and tools. In addition, contributes to associate’s development through training, communication, recognition and support.
7. Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and practices; and supports company loss prevention efforts.
8. Maintains the appearance of the Print Services area in accordance with policy.
9. Partner with the General Manager to develop and maintain selling and external marketing strategies to include an effective canvassing program.
11. Assist in managing payroll, sales, budgets and the annual performance review process.
12. Completes all applicable management training, including (but not limited to) Anti-Harassment and Code of Ethics. Adhere to OSHA and Worker’s Compensation guidelines.
13. Act as Leader on Duty and coach the activities of other associates to ensure every client/customer receives the highest possible level of service. Take advantage of every opportunity to develop sales-oriented associates and supervisors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and OfficeMax is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and OfficeMax offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Fair Chance OrdinanceWe will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
At Office Depot, we offer our benefits around the 5 facets of Total Well-Being: Physical, Emotional, Work-Life, Financial, and Community. Here’s a look into what we offer:
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
Meet Phillip Rumpf, our Retail District Sales Manager in the Salt Lake City UT market. Phillip has been with Office Depot for 5 years now, and in that time, he has quickly advanced through our stores organization as a Customer Service Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager and now as District Sales Manager.
The path to his current position has been challenging and rewarding and his leadership took the opportunity to develop him and encourage his ambitions along the way. As a Store Manager, Phillip was identified as a high potential leader and was selected for our “Blue Angels” program for leadership development which led to his current DSM role.
We’ve Got Whatever You Need, for Wherever You’ll Be
Get what your business needs, when you need it with Office Depot OfficeMax