The Delivery Driver is responsible for delivering customer orders in a productive, time sensitive and customer sensitive manner on a daily basis. This position is responsible for demonstrating safety, quality, and operational expertise. This position is responsible for proficiently performing at least two delivery related activities (e.g. multiple route knowledge, demonstrated expertise in delivery process and procedures, ability to train associates in delivery functions, LEAN captain, Safety committee, etc).
• Load, unload and secure product; to ensure customers receive clean and damage free merchandise
• Delivers product to customer locations meeting established delivery goals. Collect and track customer returns within a specified time frame.
• Operate delivery vehicles in a safe and lawful manner. Responsible for the vehicle and its contents
• Complete daily route and all appropriate paperwork. Communicate obstacles in Tier meeting that prohibit us from meeting our established goals.
• Complete daily pre and post trip checklist
• Actively seek to support implementation of and contribute ideas and suggestions for continuous improvement to the delivery processes.
• Communicate customer feedback to sales and/or supervisory personnel. Contribute ideas and suggestions for improvement utilizing LEAN practices
• May be assigned to participate on LEAN or Safety committees
• The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• High School diploma or equivalent education preferred
• Minimum 2 years experience in related field
• Minimum of five years of commercial driving experience, with experience in the delivery of small packages preferred. Depending on state CDL may be required.
• Previous Office Depot experience a plus
• Previous customer service experience preferred
• Experience in the use of pallet jacks, hand trucks and forklift preferred
• Valid driver’s license
• Accident free driving record reflected during a rolling 36-month average
• Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), only required for operating delivery vehicle exceeding 26,000 lb. Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW)
• Department of Transportation (DOT) qualification
• Experience using POD or tablet device in the scanning of customer products.
• Familiarity with scanner and GIS devices preferred.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, using the English language (English competency)
• Basic product knowledge
• Knowledge of operation of power/mobile equipment
• Ability to understand addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
• Geographical knowledge of the delivery service area
• Ability to read and understand a map
• Ability to up sell
• Demonstrate a commitment to Office Depot Core Values and adherence to established Standard Operating Procedures
• Ability to transport single cartons up to 75 pounds as needed
• Ability to use manual pallet jacks to transport pallets of products up to 2,500 pounds
• Ability to work in all types of weather due to various climate changes
• Repetitive lifting of paper, continuous climbing in and out of vehicle
• Ability to stand; on feet for long periods of time, continuous walking including stairs
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
As the working world continues to evolve, so are we. Shifting from an office supplies retailer to a business services platform is not a simple task, nor is it one we take lightly. It requires the diverse talents and contributions from each and every associate – all driven by our 5C culture of Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. We’re working together to make a difference, challenge the status quo, and be the trusted experts that help our customers manage their businesses. We’ve got 40,000+ associates to date – and we’re always looking to add great talent to our team. The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform our company to fuel the businesses and communities around us is knocking. Start your #LifeAtDepot and discover how you can be a part of the transformation.
"I am currently the specialist on first shift helping to oversee module putaway. With the diverse culture Office Depot has, I play a huge role in the training of new associates. I am currently a member of the Lit Program where I am being trained to be a manager with Office Depot. I feel my role is huge in the promotion of positivity, and also creating effective work teams. What gravitated me to Office Depot was my mother worked for the company for many years prior. The stories she would tell about the amazing culture at her work changed my career path to Office Depot. I love where this journey has taken me and the growth I’ve had through the company."
Palm Beach County School District Electronic Device Drive
#DepotDifference Habitat Home-Build Challenge!